Dross:tik 07 - V-Snares/Electromeca/BDK/Unitus/Cakebuilder

Gotta talk about that new album... this is the place.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

Dross:tik 07 - V-Snares/Electromeca/BDK/Unitus/Cakebuilder

Postby c64 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:31 pm

OUT NOW!!!!!

Artist: Venetian Snares / Belladonnakillz / Cakebuilder / Unitus (Electromeca Rmx)
Title: Cross Roads EP
Label: Dross:tik Records
Format: 12” Vinyl
Cat# DTK07
Released: January 2007

A1. Venetian Snares - Koonut Kaliffee [Bass Stupid Mix]
A2. Belladonnakillz - Y Try Fight Life [Rmx]
AUDIO: http://www.drosstik.com/Releases/DTK07/DTK07-A.mp3

B1. Cakebuilder - Ignited Nations
B2. Unitus - The Dry Hour of Geography [Electromeca Rmx]
AUDIO: http://www.drosstik.com/Releases/DTK07/DTK07-B.mp3

Attn Shops!! Official Distributor: www.adnoiseam.net

Toronto’s Dross:tik Records presents its seventh release and most varied piece of wax yet. With a range of BPM’s and structure, the label continues to merge breakcore and jungle styles, blurring the lines between so-called scenes and genre’s. From rave-tastic wannabe anthems, dancehall mashdown, old skool jungle freak-outs, and twisted break-neck beats, Dross:tik knows how to bring a fresh jam!

A1. Venetian Snares - Koonut Kaliffee [Bass Stupid Mix]
The Burton Cummings of Canadian breakcore is reaching back to craft this little number. With influences from a by-gone jungle era, Snares lays down shuffling drum work and MONSTER bass in an old skool style with modern production and that touch of humour that we love him for. The Wrath of Khan? I think not! Spock is ready to kick some ass!!

A2. Belladonnakillz - Y Try Fight Life [Rmx]
The Toronto indie-breakcore superstars give the remix treatment to one of the smash hits from their sophomore album “As If” (Sublight Records). This one is for the DJ’s, with a rolling drum into and heavier beats and bass. Still with the ever present infectious vocals and melodies, this rockstar track can make any hack-DJ look good!

B1. Cakebuilder - Ignited Nations
I know, I know, not another fuckin ragga-breakcore track. Well, Dross:tik has stepped it up with a mind-bending-slower-bpm-dancehall-bashment that is sure to make you leap to the rooftop! Another product of Winnipeg (what the fuck is in the water out there?), Cakebuilder is privileged to be the first artist signed via an actual demo. Like, he mailed a real CD with an actual letter!!! HOLY SHIT!! It definitely works better then emailing your myspace URL without a message. Take note newbees!

B2. Unitus - The Dry Hour of Geography [Electromeca Rmx]
The greatest hook up since the storming of Juno Beach! This time it’s the French helping the Canadians out with an unbelievable remix. The Rennes funk master himself, Electromeca brings his brand of twisted beats and unique sounds to the industrial breakcore abstracts of Toronto’s Unitus via his “Caretaker” album (Dross:tik Records). Hand picked for such an event, you know the ‘meca has a strong history of only the most quality work!

Current Available Releases:
DTK03 / CD / Belladonnakillz – “Perverted & Proud”
DTK04 / 12” / Rotator / Knifehandchop / DuranDuranDuran / Belladonnakillz
DTK05 / CD / Unitus – “Caretaker”
DTK06 / CD / Sincere Trade – “If You Cannot Beat Them”

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:31 pm

Damn C64, you need to update faster around here heh. I've had that record for a long time now. I even think my copy has the stickers on the wrong side, which I figued out after doing a tracklist for a dj mix. Really dig the compilation ep's you put out though and I nab up each one.

Postby sintec » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:48 am

yeah I thought mine were mislabelled to. Fucking excellent 12" though, best Snares track I've heard in ages.

Three Poster

Postby Playah » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:57 pm

bl

Return to New Releases