Anything near Illinois at all

General Discussion of all Events.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

Anything near Illinois at all

Postby timmit » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:29 am

It doesn't seem likely anything event-wise is going to happen around Illinois in the US anytime soon. It sucks 'cause I'm always getting teased every time I go to the events page and seeing all this shit in other countries. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way. Does anyone know how to, or have any suggestions, on how to set something up somewhere? Like a type of building or how I should ask to play there or something if that's what I should do. K, well, I'm open to any suggestions 'cause I really wanna start something. I've got my own tunes, but I also think it's not enough to put on an entire show/dance party/event. K, thanks!
P.L.U.R.R.ification of a Nation

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:02 pm

I'm From Indiana But I'm Pretty Much On The Boarder.
I've Played A Few Shows Now And One Of Them Was In A Squat Kinda Thing In Chicago.
I Know Theirs Other B core Artists In Chicago And I Know They Play Shows.
Talk To Punk Bands And If You're Not Melodic IDM Stuff They Might Even Let You Play!

n3wb

Postby timmit » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Dude that's a really good idea! I've played shows in a punk band I used to be in, and I'm sure I can play my stuff at a venue where bands I used to play with are playing. Good thinking, thanks!

And another thing that I keep wondering is how would I go about playing my beats? Like, would I play it through a lap top, or if there is a sound guy should I give it to him and let him play it through his speakers? Should I bring my own speakers? These questions make me nervous...

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:42 am

timmit wrote:Dude that's a really good idea! I've played shows in a punk band I used to be in, and I'm sure I can play my stuff at a venue where bands I used to play with are playing. Good thinking, thanks!

And another thing that I keep wondering is how would I go about playing my beats? Like, would I play it through a lap top, or if there is a sound guy should I give it to him and let him play it through his speakers? Should I bring my own speakers? These questions make me nervous...

WEll I'm Used To Playing In Basements, Garages, Kitchens Etc. So I Would Bring My Own Speakers And Run My Computer Threw A Stereo Amp. Works For Me! And The Punx Didn't Fuck Shit Up. As Far As Like Clubs You Would NEVER Give The Soundguy Your Computer (I Would Assume) But You Would Probably Run To A Breakout Box Leading To The Soundguys Mixer Or Run Straight To The Amps Or Something. It Would Be Boring If You Just Played CD's Like V Snares....One V Snares Is Enough...Really.

n3wb

Postby timmit » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:59 am

!! Woo! Thanks for the advice! Now I have a project to do: get ahold of a stereo amp, and some speakers. And a chord to plug in from the computer to the amp. 'Cause you help me out on where to find all this and what to look for? Like someone not wanting an expensive car for their first time.

Breakcore Member

Postby baconhanger » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:10 pm

most midwest breakcore shows are underground as fuck. house parties are where it's at.

i'd like to just hook up a PA in some parking garage in downtown chicago and do a show fucking guerilla style... but that hasn't been done.

we've also booked a few people to show up unexpectedly at open mic nights... they open the mic to the public, so we book a show there without them knowing, and have some in between acoustic guitar and poetry readings lmfao.

but yes. this is an actual venue. show the fuck up, and tell every breakcore fan in the fucking midwest to come. quit bitching about no shows, and go, im sure you drove fucking 10 miles for a rave, so wtf is the big deal. go.

n3wb

Postby timmit » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Yeah dude I saw that flyer awhile ago and I am definately going to that!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:13 pm

This Will Be The First Breakcore Show I've Attended That I Wasn't Playing At.
I Hope I'll Hate It.

Breakcore Member

Postby baconhanger » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:30 pm

MarkyPoo wrote:This Will Be The First Breakcore Show I've Attended That I Wasn't Playing At.
I Hope I'll Hate It.

i will make sure you hate it.

Return to Genereal Discussion