remember when bcore wasnt a fad?

General Discussion of all Events.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Re: remember when there were girls at breakcore shows

Postby matt bleak » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:51 pm

OSKR wrote:uh breakcore seems to be getting less popular around these parts. the small parties usually involve the performers wondering whether they should turn homosexual in order to make things more interesting...

hahaha...yep! i played one of these 'small parties' OSKR speaks of under a bridge and i honestly wondered why i bothered...ten guys dancing...great if my name was DJ manlove but its not, no females...only female action was one girl asking me if i had any clean needles (?!)...she then said i could kiss her if i stopped playing so i kissed her and kept playing...the other girl just told me to stop...but yeah it is getting pretty gay down here as far as live breakcore goes...there are some big shows coming up soon though...hopefully the trend of creeping gayness will end!!
:twisted:
"Sometimes I feel like a vampire" - Ted Bundy
http://www.myspace.com/mattbleak08

Breakcore Member

Postby V.E.G.A » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:47 pm

Breakcore = Fad for the Avant Still-life dada Andy Warholian punk-theme dance scene.

It happens, It could just be ending up for a new style of electro mash-up
(THROW-UP!!)

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby vank » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:56 am

fap* wrote:.

yes, i remember 2004

that was an awesome year. lots of gigs and parties.

Pwncore Member

Postby thescythian » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:20 am

Breakcore only became a fad when a bunch of people realised they were already listening to breakcore. They didn't know it was breakcore, until a bunch of douchebags decided to label it.

When "it" becomes "something", "something" becomes "boring".

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:42 am

yeah, i see what youre saying. it's usually like when a "movement" of some sort becomes popular and big enough for mainstream music press to take notice. which they absurdly need to box-up and label with a name ("breakcore"). Or like when the NME invented the genre "new rave". it's a shame because it usually spells the end of these spontaneous, people-driven movements. There's no reason it should end, but I guess people feel that their private club or their secret has been invaded and violated and perhaps exploited.

Music press are cunts.

Pwncore Member

Postby thescythian » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Just take a look at drum'n'bass. It's ridiculous. Hundreds of producers. At times, it gets watered down and boring. Than someone comes along and advances it a little bit

Drum'n'bass is getting ridiculous now though. Have a look at the following thread...

http://www.clevelandnightlife.net/viewtopic.php?t=9714

Look at all that! It's insane. (actually, kind of funny, I chime in a bit at the bottom of the second page. joke went way over his head though.)

04 was a peak for breakcore, because there was a lot of dancefloor smashing shit going down. New and fresh shit.

Breakcore isn't going to fade away, just advance. Every "genre" has their ups and downs.

Pwncore Member

Postby Anticholinergic » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:31 pm

yes, there is so much shit dnb and shit dnb producers out there..
luckily i have discovered techno-dnb/technoid (whatever) sound for me which is new, original, refreshing and is a rebirth of drum & bass and it isn't another pointless sub sub genre =)
i recommend it to check out :wink:

Postby PetSonicMonster » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:15 am

breakcore is only as fresh as you make it. people make new stuff all the time and like every genra some is good, some is shit

currently i make shit, but someday i want to make something that isnt shit and might just become good.

with a genra like breakcore its very easy to push somewhere new imho, just doing it well takes a bit more than amens, kicks and cutt ups
*NEWS FLASH* Jungle is not as massive as it once was

Pwncore Member

Postby thescythian » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:44 am

The new fresh shit seems to come in surges. There's all these artists, but most artists are genarally lazy, except when it comes to their craft. Than all of a sudden, one guy will get super motivated and just formulate this baddass crew of hardcore motherfuckers.

It's kinda cool really.

More dancefloor smashing shit though is needed. Because than you can sell wax, and wax equals the money. Money equals longevity.

Tracks like
Ebola - Breeches and Money
Sickboy - DL Rocker
Xian - Untitled
Twelve - Venetian Snares

Those are just a few. You guys are probably all played out on those tracks, that's exactly why I'm talking FRESH though.

The real heady, schizo shit, while extremely fun, isn't gonna sell wax to the dj's, because the people who dance to the dj's won't dance.

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:52 am

money demands repetition demands consistency demands formulae demands constraints defines repetition spells doom.

Pwncore Member

Postby thescythian » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:05 am

weyheyhey !! wrote:money demands repetition demands consistency demands formulae demands constraints defines repetition spells doom.

Reptition=
Putting out solid tracks continually, from various artists. By no means do they have to be in the same vein or category.

Consistency=
Absolutely nothing wrong with consistency. If you can consistently put out solid tracks, but make it interesting each time, it's in the bag.

If you approach reptition and consistency with the above attitudes, formula and constraints won't matter.

Money sucks, I'll be the first to admit. To abolish any system though, you have to first adhere to it. Tear it apart from the inside out.

Pwncore Member

Postby thescythian » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:12 am

I guess there IS somewhat of a formula.

Variety+Originality+Dancability=Success

Supah No0b

matt bleak my old enemy...

Postby OSKR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:54 am

by the way i downloaded your gabba loops. they were pretty ordinary. some of them actually consisted of more than one sound! the point of anyone actually using these loops escapes me. the actual kicks were good though. btw do you know how to get that stabby kind of sinewave kicks that swift always uses in the SRO tracks?

ps i have heaps of vox samples and stuff if you need but where could i upload easier to give them you on disc.

Supah No0b

this is bullshit

Postby OSKR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:55 am

i have posted way more than three times why am i still called a three poster.

boo

Supah No0b

Postby OSKR » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:56 am

wow now i have been upgraded to supa noob.

PreviousNext

Return to Genereal Discussion