The YOU Thread

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Postby Headphoner » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:34 pm

I also hate long wanky drum solos.. if ever an instrument was not made for the solo, t'was the drums

Postby Neppi » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi, I'm Neppi

i'm a girl who lives in texas. my taste in music is heavily influenced by being a now reformed ex-raver from the 90's, a jaded junglist since the new millennium, and a bitter indie rock scenster. when i'm not hating breakcore i listen to other experimental breakbeat music, DnB, punk, and non-emo indie rock.

other than music i like reading to expand my mind. I read 99% non-fiction about abstract mathematics, TOE, quantum physics, string and m-theory, chaos theory, statistics and probability, and philosophy.

my preferred activities are camping, climbing, backpacking, hiding in the wilderness, orienteering, mountain biking, kayaking, and other more extreme outdoor sports.

my friends have described me as a tomboy, a big dork, a professional hippie, and "the last girlscout" i have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

CoreCore Member

Postby Alan_ » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:42 pm

Headphoner wrote:if ever an instrument was not made for the solo, t'was the drums

bullshit. it all depends on the musicality of the player.

having sait that...what I hate are the endless aimless rolling around type of solos so endemic to 70's and 80's rock drumming. it's like PLAY SOMETHING MUSICAL OR RHYTHMIC ALREADY

but you get someone like Tony Williams or Buddy Rich, totally different story.

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:02 pm

professionally... I'm a senior level graphic designer of 10yrs, basically an art director. I started out going to school for fine art and commercial illustration, but half way thru realized the only way I'd make money is to whore myself out to the ad industry. These days I take it a little less serious so I'm able to work on other, more personal, art projects like painting, multimedia, photography, videography and music.

personally... I listen to all kinds of music, but my favs are usually leftfield elecctronic stuff like breakcore, dubstep, idm, some dnb, breakbeats and whatever else is kind of out of the norm. I also dig on a lot of punk, metal, hardcore, hiphop/gangster rap, ragga/dancehall, etc.

I love working on music, but I'm typically to burnt out from my day-to-day job sitting in front of a computer, that by the time I get home, I don't really want to sit at a computer so I've been trying to get back into playing the drums (been playing off/on for a lot of my life, but certainly not pro), putzing around on the guitar and bass and silly midi controllers. I've put out a couple tunes, and would like to put out more, but don't really forsee that happening until I can free mind/body up for more activities other then working all the time.

personality... aside from the sorta uptight/surly shell most see on the outside (until you get to know me), I'm a pretty laid back guy that lets almost everything roll off. I'll do just about anything for my friends. When I'm into something, I'm extremely passionate about it, and whatever else. I have ADD pretty bad and find myself running around in circles a lot of times so I self medicate to keep myself at bay (but I'm no junkie). I kinda hate the general population, most people are kinda stupid, so I find myself hanging out with my fiance and my closest of friends... or just trying to enjoy some peace/quite by myself and my laptop.

I think that about covers it.
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

**DUMPSTER DUO w/ HUE-E & ALAN**
LIVE ON www.destroyer.net/radio
EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Postby tr0tsky! » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:38 pm

im a stoner

n0Ob

Postby Chango Muntey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:33 am

Hi, I'm stuck in Cornwall and this is pretty much my only contact with the outside world.

I like stuff, I don't like other stuff....breakcore is at the top of that list!

I don't make breakcore, just listen intently. I can usually be found rabblin' in fields, woods, or underground clubs.

Rabble
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

'How to Mix Techno', the world's shortest book, is one word long...it simply says 'DON'T'

Pwncall Member

Postby the shallow stairs » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:56 am

i am interested in making breakcore although i am still in the process of learning :wink:

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby fap* » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:55 am

hue-e wrote:I think that about covers it.

it would be cooler if you lived down the block from me

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Re: The YOU Thread

Postby matt bleak » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:37 am

Thallium wrote:So pull up a chair and tell me about YOU. Who you are, what you do, what you like, what you hate, whatever. GO!

only if you tell us about YOU!! :wink:
"Sometimes I feel like a vampire" - Ted Bundy
http://www.myspace.com/mattbleak08

Hates Breakcore

Postby Thallium » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:51 pm

matt bleak wrote:
Thallium wrote:So pull up a chair and tell me about YOU. Who you are, what you do, what you like, what you hate, whatever. GO!

I like meat hats.

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 pm

fap* wrote:
hue-e wrote:I think that about covers it.

it would be cooler if you lived down the block from me

most definitely sir. :twisted:
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

**DUMPSTER DUO w/ HUE-E & ALAN**
LIVE ON www.destroyer.net/radio
EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby matt bleak » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:27 am

Thallium wrote:
matt bleak wrote:

I like meat hats.

i like rat hats :wink:

CoreCore Member

Postby Higgins » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:26 pm

I was introduced to the prodigy at 10 and at that point I immediatly stopped liking all but 1 or 2 rock bands. And since then ive been slowly climbing the electronic music, " tree." Last year while looking for something new I accidentaly bought an aphex jungle tune instead of what ever other shit i was buying. I was hooked. I need faster and harder and I stumbled apon doormouse around 8 months ago and now I dont listen to much besides breakcore.

n3wb

Postby Druj » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:08 am

I was told to sign up here by a guy with big hair and a funny name. He runs this goth club that I DJ at each month. I also make noisey music with Modplug.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby matt bleak » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:06 am

Druj wrote:I was told to sign up here by a guy with big hair and a funny name. He runs this goth club that I DJ at each month. I also make noisey music with Modplug.

thats it your banned!!! :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to General