So i'm slowly working back towards Breakcore

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Platinum Poster!

So i'm slowly working back towards Breakcore

Postby djtheblade » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:02 pm

I've gone full circle and then half way round again :? . Most people I met who dig Breakcore found it through other genres, i.e they were in to Hardcore or DnB and then heard about Breakcore that way. The same goes with me, and as I moved away from Hardcore towards Breakcore I ended up refining my sound and arrived back at my Hardcore routes after a few years. Any way, now that I feel my production skills are reaching acceptable levels i've decided perhaps it's time to have a second run at the Breakcore technique. I'm 90% through my latest tune and although the influence is subtle, I can just feel that this is marking another turning point, i'm slowly driving towards a signature sound that will no doubt land me back in the Breakcore/hybrid haze once again. I'm dead excited about it all any way, slowly getting myself some label interests/signings and i'm proud to be slowly and sneakily notching up the Breakcore master dial once more.

Here's my newest tune any way, it's largely my usual Industrial Hardcore/Crossbreed type stuff but i've started routing through my old blast break packs and i've re-discovered my love for the classic funky drummer and amen breaks, albeit funelled through shit loads of distortion.

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed making it:

Rarghhh http://soundcloud.com/lytton/andromeda-strain

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:17 pm

nice. seems that it doesn't matter to me where you're going: it's all lytton-style. loved mostly all the stuff you produced. especially 'rip you off'

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Wut wut, sounds cool man.

Also go back to breakcore is a good idea. :D

Postby welk » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:00 pm

grrrreat track! thumps up

Three Poster

Postby akm88 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:20 am

I am new to this forums........

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:17 am

I'm the opposite, started listenning to Snares and Twin after years of metal, and then a couple of years in I started to get into all the other shite electronic music out there...

Oh and Professor Blade-o, good luck with that, I know you gonna post shit aight son

CLAAAARrrrrttt
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Hardcore Member

Postby Sense of Direction » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:00 am

I went from hardcore to industrial then found breakcore through that and now I prefer breakbeats and such to 4/4 distorted kicks.

Return to General