It's all kicking off!

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Maximum Pwnrdrive

It's all kicking off!

Postby Fez » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Pwner

Postby Draegg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Oh shit! Did you get any answer back? That's totally uncool, such a shame. Always thought he were a decent dude.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby Fez » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Your answer back?....sorry did you send me a mail, I used a re-direct email service not too long ago and it went a bit wrong. :/

But yeah, it sucks.
Heard way too many bad stories now.

Big up weyheyhey !!

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:38 pm

wow dude, this is incredible, i really had to hear it to believe it.

http://soundcloud.com/rotator/rotator-n ... 006?page=3

http://soundcloud.com/weyheyhey/im-your-daddy

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:05 pm

fucking hell, thats mad, its awesome Alan stood up for himself and never took any of that shit tho!!
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:08 am

Shit I kind of liked Rotator an Piece of...wel some of its tunes.....

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

:shock:

Disappointing indeed.. :|

I did not know that. :?

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby Fez » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Yeah I think a few people have been thinking it for a while.....I guess it all just got a bit too blatant.

Platinum Poster!

Postby djtheblade » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Yeah this is but one in a long line of complaints levelled at a certain clique of people. It's a horrible thing to have to do but it IS necessary some times. I've been on the receiving end of shit like this myself..........the ONE thing that we all wanted to differentiate our music from the suited cunts in the mainstream labels was cooperation, or politeness, or courtesy, or whichever word you wanna use for what is essentially a proactive and supportive mentality to work with each other to release some weird and wonderful sounds.

Releasing remixes without asking the original artists first, pledging songs and then ceasing communications towards late stages of a project, ripping loads of samples and ideas from fellow "punks", being generally rude to each other.......................all these things on their own are irritating albeit expected, but they soon add up when they are delivered relentlessly and consistently on to whole groups of people, all of whom come back with the same horror stories to tell.

This shit is gonna keep happening basically until certain folk who consider themselves untouchable rockstars jump off their piss soaked high horses and start respecting each other a little. Simple tips:
. Wanna release a remix of someone else's tune? Just ask the original artist first to check they're ok with it. 9 times out of 10 they'll probably be fine with it and won't even want a cut of the money.
. Pledged someone a tune for their project but have since decided you no longer want to participate? Just be honest and tell them the truth, at least do them the COURTESY so they're not pushing back deadlines for no reason, particularly if they're bombarding you with emails and you're deliberately ignoring them (we all forget to reply to the odd email here and there, but not when you're getting 10 a day).
. Cut huge sections out of someone's tune and put it in yours, totally unaltered and wanna sell it for cash? Maybe check with the artist first because in a scene as small as this, people are gonna HEAR and RECOGNISE that stuff sooner or later.

We all make honest mistakes in music, but there's a difference between those who are climbing the learning curve and those are consistently taking the royal piss. Just my two cents, fair play to Alan for standing up for himself cus nobody else is gonna do it for him, mainly because everyone thinks certain 'legends' are untouchable demigods who can do no wrong, as if criticising them will unleash Sheba the cunting destroyer. They're just flesh and blood, Alec Empire, Jeremy Paxman............they're all just a bunch of pricks like you and me at the end of the day.

Long live Punk. Long live Breakcore.

xLyttonx

Pwner

Postby Draegg » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Lytton for fucking president! Im still just amazed about the whole thing. Do anyone know if Weyhey got any reply back?

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 am

Draegg wrote:Lytton for fucking president!

seriously man, what comes out of this man's keyboard is among the most concise, well thought out and well executed internet commentary i have seen to date.

thanks for keepin us in check haha

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:33 pm

yeah! cos punk and breakcore (or crossbread) needs a leader, thats a good idea :shock: :shock:
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 am

be your own leader, start your own empire.

if you build it, they will come.
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:36 pm

producer_snafu wrote:be your own leader, start your own empire.

Love you Snafu!
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:39 am

JohnMerrik wrote:
producer_snafu wrote:be your own leader, start your own empire.

Love you Snafu!

i luh you too!
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Next

Return to General