Alec's at it again

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Postby NinjaGrindcore » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 am

producer_snafu wrote:
the dude is the beetle juice of the internet, except you just have to say his name once. don't be surprised if you see him reply to this post.

https://ssl.reddit.com/user/Alec_Empire

This made me lol

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 pm

im truly really disappointed he hasnt replyed to this, its always fun to argue with Granddads,
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:52 pm

djtheblade wrote:He's clarified that he's played with a bunch of modern producers and has respect for them, but that doesn't clear up whether they're allowed to call themselves Breakcore or not for using laptops.
!

Well...his last track on Mosterdpimp's album was also very not breakcore....so....If he means that Mosterdpimp is not breakcore....than he has a point.

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Ah Alec, to be honest I (kinda) get what he means (kinda x 2) like, in the same way slayer might comment that thrash metal isn't what it used to be, and that thrash metal is so far gone today from what it used to be in the mid/late 80s, that "trash metal" nowadays isn't even thrash metal anymore... if that makes sense. Although as far as I know Slayer don't make comments like these, and are rather proud of what they've helped create, which alec certainly should be.

And yeah I do think the language barrier is a factor, a lot of what he says seems very abrupt and to have a certain german "this is fact" tone to it (sorry all fun-loving non-serious germans who may read this, that is just a stereotype, but a somewhat relevant one in this scenario)

either way, people are acting as if Aphex Twin or Nicole Scherzinger was saying this sort of stuff, it's just alec empire being alec empire as usual! who cares, it's good that he's actually got something to say about the whole thing, too bad he's been saying it since 2005 and still no one agrees.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Previous

Return to General