Dead site

Shoot the shit, and talk about whatever here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Dead site

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:20 pm

Bros's, what should i do? I'm perfectly happy that we are the only ones active. Maybe it is delusional for me to think the site can be returned to its former glory, but what should i do? Im so happy that all you old member came back, Boris, Feutus, Verdroid and Kowalczyk, love you guys. (And many more i forgot to mention) Im so happy to have you guys back. (no homo(part homo))

But i need your advice guys, should i make a price for the contest or something??? Should i give money or some stupid korg keyboard and just post it on facebook? I am willing to do those thing, i would just like our old member back and attract some new ones. But as i said im very happy whit you guys and im ok with us just staying here on the site. I dont mind to have this site up for people i met half a lifetime ago. I love you guys.

We need a plan to get people back and attract new members, i am will listen to all your proposals. Is it wise to offer a price to something that always was free?

If you guys are happy i am also, but i feel like myself we are missing just the busyness of the former site. Im willing everything to attract members, offer prices, money and any other shit(even my cat, fuck him he's annoying as shit) But only if you guys feel like it. Im perfectly happy to let the site be if you guys are happy with it!

I dont know, i ask you because when i look on the server and see all the tracks by weyheyhey, helix and many more, makes me feel sad.

So what do you guys want? Should i offer price for contest on facebook? OR should we just let it be, and let it come?

Sidenote: Should i enable comment posting on user tracks? I thought it would be nice to disable comments so that everybody would receive comment on their sc, and get more followers.

If you guys are happy with this, i am aswell! Im so happy we got the old posts back. But i would love for this community to flourish again.

CoreCore Member
Average track rating:
3.0/5 out of 1 votes

Re: Dead site

Postby kowalczyk » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:46 am

If you're happy and you know it, and you share it, people will eventually join the site.
People left because of spam, "how do i make this sound" tutorials and shit like that.
Ihatebreakcore was great because of all the fucked up music, and half of it wasn't even breakcore.

SoundCloud is 'stealing' the members from us, 'cause it's a great platform for sharing all sorts of music, but there's no discussion.
It's all just pats on the back and 'likes', from people you barely know.

Ihatebreakcore is already back in it's former glory, because it is a site providing more than just music. It brings emotion back into it, instead of just being a mass-production "listen to my new WIP, that'll never be done anyway" kind-of site.

LET'S MAKE SOMETHING OF THIS, AND FUCK HOW MANY PEOPLE DO IT
THIS IS FUN, AND PEOPLE WILL JOIN WHERE IT'S FUN

n3wb

Postby Takedown » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:58 pm

I think money for contests is the wrong way.

What about releasing a ihatebc compilation or something like that ?

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Ihatebreakcore label? With releases?

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:36 pm

verdroid wrote:Ihatebreakcore label? With releases?

i like this idea but i think there has to be some quality control, in my opinion there are 1000's of labels out there putting out terrible tracks from friends of theres who have made 4 songs on FLstudio and suddenly think that makes them worthy of having their music out, it puts people off listening to talented breakcore producers. Dont get me wrong some of this mash up/ funny shit is great fun to listen and party to. but it really is like the Pop of Breakcore. There are some amzing producers on here and it would be a shame to have them roped in with crap.
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 3 votes

Postby Technicyst Fix » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 pm

I agree that the prize lure isn't necessarily the way to go. I'm guilty of being a lurker more than someone who participants actively, but I do visit the site daily in hopes of hearing some new great music or seeing some live clips posted that I hadn't uncovered before. As far as bringing in new people, I think if the people who visited posted more (me included), it would help complement those who are super-contributors. Post about gear, post about your new music, post about artists you like, post artist interviews, etc. While there is fine line in saturating the system with useless crap, it's always fun to visit and see a new post, especially if the content is valuable. This site is a classic, and I look forward to watching version 2.0 flourish in the near future!

As far as a compilation/label goes, incorporate that into a contest with the prize being exposure! Thinking of more a compilation than creating a brand new netlabel, but that is ultimately up to those who do the dirtywork.

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:34 pm

Put the contests back up and lets have some interesting bal going. Having Alec
Empire having a rant whas awesome. Lets have more of those. I want to record some interviews on random stuf, in september Im gona play with Foxidye and rioteer. Lets have the bals goin.

Also its good to have more than breakcore. What about VJ stuf or artwork? Lets create the network again.

CoreCore Member
Average track rating:
3.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby kowalczyk » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:58 am

Interviews with all the members could be fun too!
Sharing our ideas and ideologies.

Record skype-calls with all members, ask the same kind of questions, put it in IH8B-interview section :)

Maybe other kinds of contests? Tutorial-contest.

Break Rapist
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 3 votes

Postby BreakforceOne » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:01 pm

totally down for that interview thing, we can do that when we gay out on skype next time, peppy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://www.facebook.com/BreakforceOne || https://soundcloud.com/breakforce-one

I am a Admin. Kneel before me!

Pwner

Postby yonosoyelquesoy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:49 am

kowalczyk wrote:Interviews with all the members could be fun too!

Record skype-calls with all members, ask the same kind of questions, put it in IH8B-interview section :)

Questions could be:
- What is breakcore for you?

- What are you listening

- Your top 5 breakcore songs.

-Your top breakcore visuals

. Your top breakcore djs, dj set

. Your top breakcore sites

What program do you use and why?

What do you like other than breakcore?

What do you do for a living?

and don´t know I have a bunch of questions on my head...
Just an idea.

Pwner

Postby yonosoyelquesoy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:52 am

PEPCORE wrote:Bros's, what should i do? I'm perfectly happy that we are the only ones active. Maybe it is delusional for me to think the site can be returned to its former glory, but what should i do? Im so happy that all you old member came back, Boris, Feutus, Verdroid and Kowalczyk, love you guys. (And many more i forgot to mention) Im so happy to have you guys back. (no homo(part homo))

But i need your advice guys, should i make a price for the contest or something??? Should i give money or some stupid korg keyboard and just post it on facebook? I am willing to do those thing, i would just like our old member back and attract some new ones. But as i said im very happy whit you guys and im ok with us just staying here on the site. I dont mind to have this site up for people i met half a lifetime ago. I love you guys.

Awesome ideas. Let´s do this.
Last edited by yonosoyelquesoy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pwner

Postby yonosoyelquesoy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:54 am

Pwner

Postby yonosoyelquesoy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:02 am

Pwner

Postby yonosoyelquesoy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 am

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:26 pm

kowalczyk wrote:

Nice comment man, yes i know what you mean, im so glad we have all the old posts back, i just love to sometimes randomly go back to an old topic and read the stupid shit we discussed and the wealth of information that is still here on this forum.

I think you are right also about the soundcloud. If we get comments under it we can get nice discussions in the user tracks again and have a conversation. And if people really like it they can still easily follow someone that posted the track on soundcloud. so i think i might re enable it. :)
Takedown wrote:I think money for contests is the wrong way.

What about releasing a ihatebc compilation or something like that ?

Yes, i now think the money thing is foolish. Its not the people we want really, we want the people to stay for the fun. I know remember i even said it myself some years back lol.
viewtopic.php?p=730#p730

verdroid wrote:Ihatebreakcore label? With releases?

Yes, been thinking and talking about it before. With the ease of bandcamp or our own hosting it could easily be done.

ohmega sir wrote: i like this idea but i think there has to be some quality control, in my opinion there are 1000's of labels out there putting out terrible tracks from friends of theres who have made 4 songs on FLstudio and suddenly think that makes them worthy of having their music out, it puts people off listening to talented breakcore producers. Dont get me wrong some of this mash up/ funny shit is great fun to listen and party to. but it really is like the Pop of Breakcore. There are some amzing producers on here and it would be a shame to have them roped in with crap.

Yes, you are right in that regard, that might need some good thinking out. :)

Technicyst Fix wrote:

Thanks for the comment man, its not bad to be a lurker or semi active, hell ive been it for half the life time of this site i guess haha. :P
But yeah a netlabel or contest compilation should be cool, but we need enough participants. I think we once or twice did release a contest compilation under the then deformat label, but cant really find it any more..

Feutus Lapdance wrote:Put the contests back up and lets have some interesting bal going. Having Alec
Empire having a rant whas awesome. Lets have more of those. I want to record some interviews on random stuf, in september Im gona play with Foxidye and rioteer. Lets have the bals goin.

Also its good to have more than breakcore. What about VJ stuf or artwork? Lets create the network again.

Sounds cool man, and yeah loved the alec empire topic haha, have re read it some time back. Was fun as shit.

All really great ideas! Especially the tutorial section could use some cool stuff like that.

BreakforceOne wrote:totally down for that interview thing, we can do that when we gay out on skype next time, peppy :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Haha, yeah. Including an extra gay video interview lol.

yonosoyelquesoy wrote:

Questions could be:
- What is breakcore for you?

- What are you listening

- Your top 5 breakcore songs.

-Your top breakcore visuals

. Your top breakcore djs, dj set

. Your top breakcore sites

What program do you use and why?

What do you like other than breakcore?

What do you do for a living?

and don´t know I have a bunch of questions on my head...
Just an idea.

Yes that could be a start indeed! Something like the old define who you are topic.

Next

Return to General