requesting help!

Request samples, Programs, Vst Links.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

requesting help!

Postby azerbaijani » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:04 pm

how would i go about connecting together a laptop, kaossilator, kaosspad3? would i need a mixer or summat?

my thought was:

Laptop > Mixer
kaossilator > kaosspad3 > mixer

but i havent a clue, thats just a guess,

much appreciated

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:11 pm

That Could Work Or You Could Get A Headphone To Auxilary Output From Your Laptop To The Kaoss Pad And Then Connect That To The Kaossilator With A Headphone Sized Cable?

Postby azerbaijani » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:15 pm

hmm i think i have some of them lying around, i'll give that a go thanks!

Postby azerbaijani » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:29 pm

so far i've got the kaoss pad 3 and the laptop workin, i can hear the music from the laptop on the kp3 and mess about on it, but i cant hear the kaossilator

atm its:

laptop > kp3 (via auxillary into mic)
kaossilator > kp3 (via Line Out)

connection on the kp3 is set to Direct, and the Input Select is on Mic, if i flip that to Line then i can hear kaossilator but not the laptop, any suggestions

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:52 pm

No Clue.

Postby azerbaijani » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:04 pm

ah no worries, cheers for the help though :D

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:10 pm

What you wanting to do with the laptop? Are you wanting to record, use the kp3 and kaosolator as a midi controller or both?

Postby azerbaijani » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:53 pm

well i had an idea in my head for a song, i created abit on renoise, and wanted to use some sounds off the kaossilator to add onto it, not to record but like as a live thing, and then use effects/samples on the kp3

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 am

azerbaijani wrote:well i had an idea in my head for a song, i created abit on renoise, and wanted to use some sounds off the kaossilator to add onto it, not to record but like as a live thing, and then use effects/samples on the kp3

I guess it would all depend on what you want to run the sound out of mainly. Like for example when I DJ out, i'll run two turntables, a mixer, my laptop and my trigger finger. I'll have the trigger finger hooked to the laptop, the laptop to the mixer and the turntables to the mixer, then the mixer plays everything out.

In your case you could use either a mixer or an external audio box(pre-amp). Run your laptop to that, run the kaossilator to the mixer/pre-amp unless you need to effect sounds inside renoise with it. Run the kp3 to the mixer/pre-amp unless you want to effect sounds off the laptop also. If you wanted to use effects off the kaossilator or KP3 to effect sounds off the laptop, then I'd run the latop thru either one of them, then run that to the mixer/pre-amp.

Postby azerbaijani » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:00 pm

cheers for that dude, i'll save that for if/when i get a mixer.
on the topic of triggerfinger, how do you trigger a sample with it in renoise? i can do the faders and knobs for dsp stuff, but i cant get the pads to trigger samples, any ideas?
when i try make a drum kit in renoise, the pads also use the sample drum samples, i cant seem to get all the drums onto the pad, is there an something in renoise to sort this or the m-audio trigger finger thing?

cheers

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:51 pm

azerbaijani wrote:cheers for that dude, i'll save that for if/when i get a mixer.
on the topic of triggerfinger, how do you trigger a sample with it in renoise? i can do the faders and knobs for dsp stuff, but i cant get the pads to trigger samples, any ideas?
when i try make a drum kit in renoise, the pads also use the sample drum samples, i cant seem to get all the drums onto the pad, is there an something in renoise to sort this or the m-audio trigger finger thing?

cheers

I've never used renoise, so I can't be much of help there. You may want to try manually setting up a custom data bank for your trigger finger. I was having a lil bit of trouble with my trigger finger and pads within ableton till I did that. Now it works awesome.

Here's a link with some very helpful walk thrus. Just remember when setting the keynote for each pad, just barely gently turn the knob so you get the right note.

http://etechdocs.com/tutorials/triggerfinger/

Postby azerbaijani » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:33 pm

cheers for that, been a great help

Return to Request