Reason Thread

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

Reason Thread

Postby cock knee cunt » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:06 pm

all Reason user's post here and use this thread to chat about your Reason likes/dislikes. swap Rex files, Rns song files etc

i use 2.5 still but find it more than enough to make my noise & love the scream4 distortion. will update to V3.0 soon but not in any rush.

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:46 am

I've only been into production for a few months, Reason (2.5) is the only program I've properly taken the time to understand. So far its been working pretty well for me.

Three Poster

Postby Mikey The Black » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:21 am

I love Reason, still trying to figure it all out.

I like the fact that a total beginner can pump out a basic track and then make it more complex and exciting as you learn more of the features.

The CM guide to Reason was a good buy in the stores too.

1337 P0ZT3r

Re: Reason Thread

Postby fap* » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:56 pm

cock knee cunt wrote:i use 2.5 still but find it more than enough to make my noise & love the scream4 distortion. will update to V3.0 soon but not in any rush.

reason 4 will be out soon, its in beta right now

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

Supah No0b

Postby //Septic » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:50 pm

Im currently using Reason 3.0 (alongside Ableton Live 6)

I love using rex to mash up loops and playing with things like the pitchbend and LFO....hours of fun to be had with this...

I also enjoy malmstrom's easy to use layout to quickly create devistating sounds....

I really wish Reason would support VSTs but I understand why they dont want to...

n3wb

Postby arcaneparadox » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:30 pm

how do you get you loops into rex, recycle?

Hardcore Member

Postby DJ Dijitol Junkey » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:20 am

arcaneparadox wrote:how do you get you loops into rex, recycle?

speaking of rex/recycle,does anbody know of anything similar to rex/recycle that canbe used outside of reason. I'm talking cubase here, VSTi's. Dislike reason because it all has that same sound to it. You heard one reason made track, you can easilly pick out others.But the scream4 is pimp.
And to answer your question, I need a little more info. Are you trying to make your own break to import into reason?
In this case, you're going to have to... hey, you're from Pittsburgh too? into the rave scene any? I'm in and out... Wow, ADD Jesus Fuck!
As I was saying, making your own break with recycle. Yeah, youbasically just open up your break in recycle. not too long, you really just want like 3 bars max. Go to View>Show Grid.It asks how many bars, you answer.It places a grid in. Then sampler> add slices to grid. save and you're finished.
Opening them in reason is way easier. make a rex player, and then if Iremember correctly, there should be a little box with an arrow in it near the LCD type display. It's been several months since I've used lol I sound like a junkie... click that, that's your browser. GO FIND THAT SHIT MUTHA FUCKA!
Peace we outta hear!

n3wb

Postby arcaneparadox » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:53 pm

thats awesome there are some other headz in pistolvania. hit me up, most people i have found would rather talk about electronic music than make. You guys on here seem pretty down though...that goes for anyone in the pittsburgh area i have a pretty nice studio and am looking for some instruction with reason

Hardcore Member

Postby DJ Dijitol Junkey » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:01 pm

yo I'll get at you on a.i.m n maybe we can chill n I can show you more on reason. and maybe persuade you away from it lol

TheBackwardsGod

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:35 pm

having now used Ableton as well, I can now definitely say BIG UP THE DR. REX MASSIVE! never really appreciated how easy it makes it...

...or am I completely missing something? (with ableton) :S

CoreCore Member

Postby avisupchurch » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:50 am

I've found that Reason works pretty well for breakcore as long as you load good samples into it and crank the BPMs up to at least 400. The Recycle application plus the Dr Rex are key, and the synths are capable of making some really cool sounds, too, if you have the patience to experiment. But as soon as my student loans come I'm getting Cubase 4 so I can make a more interesting and varied collage of stuff created/edited in Reason.

Breakcore Member

Postby ObedMarsh » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:10 pm

just got reason 4 today and I love it

Postby Chaos Chaplain » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:57 pm

Using Reason as well from time to time. My biggest beef with it is it's shitty sound engine, a friend of mine rewires it trough Ableton Live, will probably do the same if I'm going to use Reason again (focussing on renoise atm).

n0Ob

Postby Brakon » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:28 am

was thinking about getting reason. is it any good and easy to use?

n3wb

Postby n_x » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:18 pm

Brakon wrote:was thinking about getting reason. is it any good and easy to use?

in my advice, if you don't have hardware it's a very good compromise.
It's quite easy to use...
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/n_x">n_x</a>
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/aqlband">aql</a>

Next

Return to Software