crackling in ableton!?!?! help!!

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwner

crackling in ableton!?!?! help!!

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:26 pm

argh!! ive recently discovered a horrible crackling noise happens when I'm moving the crossfader in ableton. It only happens when theres audio playing in at least 1 channel and tends to happen just as it crosses over the middle. It cant have anything to do with the MIDI coz it happens when I move it with the mouse as well.
Ive got a gig coming up in a few days and its gonna sound crap if this happens!

any ideas whats going on / how to stop it??

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Just increase/decrease the buffer size (can't remember which one reduces crackling). But yeah, just play around with that and see if either end helps.

If not... you may have a much bigger problem on your hands, i.e. bad sound card or something.

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:53 am

ok nice one mate ill try that out

admittedly yeah Im sure I have a shit sound card, its just the standard one in the laptop, but with the asio4all drivers its never been a problem, only very recently... ??

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:05 am

Yeah, ASIO helps out a lot. I tried switching it back to the default sound driver the other day and everything was so laggy and skipping and stuff. Not good.

Supah No0b

Postby vik44 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:35 am

I have a nice maudio sound card and still get crackle cause my cpu cant keep up somtimes I have to lower my sample rate. instead of 192 ill use 88 or 44.
Or maybe your clipping because both tracks are to hot and its ok when one track is playing but the sum of the 2 signals is overloading the master.

Return to Software