.xrns corruption

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

.xrns corruption

Postby sally zero » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:45 pm

i tried to open the track i'm working on with renoise, and it says that the file is corrupt...is there a way to save something from the track, cause i've been working on it for two months and it's really big, and if all my work is lost i'll kill myself?
propably all data is gone,but i thought i would ask for the tinyest possibility to recover something...

Elite!

Re: .xrns corruption

Postby weyheyhey !! » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:38 am

sally zero wrote:i tried to open the track i'm working on with renoise, and it says that the file is corrupt...is there a way to save something from the track, cause i've been working on it for two months and it's really big, and if all my work is lost i'll kill myself?
propably all data is gone,but i thought i would ask for the tinyest possibility to recover something...

hey... you're probably better off asking this in the Renoise forum. But I'll tell you this: the xrns is actually a .zip file so make a copy and rename it with ".zip" at the end. If you open that up there's a file called "Song.xml" which is a well structured (hierarchical) text file you can open up in notepad or whatever - see if you can spot anything dodgy maybe?

I had a problem with one of my VST instruments, and I removed it manually this way.

also check to see if renoise made a crash backup of your track

n3wb

Postby sally zero » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:55 pm

thanks, that was really helpful... :D
at least i don't have to make the instruments again...

Return to Software