Cheapo Drum Synths

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Cheapo Drum Synths

Postby epilektric » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:28 am

Does anyone else use ancient freeware soft synths like:
SubSynth
Stomper
DrumSynth

These days it's easy to get swept up in the big software options out there. There's no doubt that the new soft synths are powerful machines but sometimes there are too many options or too many parameters and they can be distracting or confusing.

Sometimes I like to fire up one of these "classic" synths and just start pounding out buckets of sounds. Afterwards I might tweak them or layer them in a wave editor. It doesn't take long and I'll have a folder full of homemade drum and percussive hits.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby rokhausen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:23 pm

hahaha! !! yes! i still use stomper all the time :D it's great for making dinky drum sounds, bleepz/bloopz, & making fm synth tones to drop into a tracker/sampler.... though i never did send master zap any of my music :!: does that make me a pirate? :wink:

Hardcore Member

Postby epilektric » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:24 pm

rokhausen wrote:.... though i never did send master zap any of my music :!: does that make me a pirate? :wink:

:lol: I had forgotten about that detail! I haven't sent him any music either. Thieves, all of us! :wink:

Return to Software