Reaktor 5

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Reaktor 5

Postby birth control » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:02 pm

I am going to sync this with Renoise for live mash ups. Does anyone have any ensembles they are willing to share with me? I need something to learn from, most of the free ones on the internet are not what I am looking for. Something like Tim Exiles patch would be great, or anything that will give me a direction on how to make such things in Reaktor.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:47 pm

www.timexile.com/stuff.php has a cut down version of his patch called Keymasher Micro. It's good fun and apparently very useful if you want to reverse engineer your own patch from it but I haven't got round to decyphering it yet. If anyone has some simple patches they want to share and maybe a little explanation of how it works, that would be really great. I've learnt how to create simple instruments okay but that's not really what I want out of it.

CoreCore Member

Postby birth control » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:07 pm

Ditto. I have the Exile one and the Otto Von Schirach patch. I also wrote a synth but thats not really what I am after. I will just have to learn how to program my own. Or someone lend me their Native Instruments user name and password so I can rape the user database.

Postby TechDiff » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:12 pm

I wouldnt advise trying to dissassemble the key masher patch from exile. Its a messy piece of programming and no doubt intentionally so. There are events doing nothing, rogue wiring all over the place, and everything is all wired between several different macros. I think the time you'd spend untangling it could be better spent learning Reaktor from the roots up. What kinda functions do you like from his patch, and what are you aiming for in a live patch of your own? My Reaktor skills arent even close to making something like exiles full setup, but Im not so bad either. If I can help out I'd love to. The first thing would be to figure out what kinda functionality you want from you're live setup, and then we can figure out how to go about implementing it.

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:36 pm

i only got reaktor session,so no fun for me there :evil:

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:15 pm

TechDiff wrote:I wouldnt advise trying to dissassemble the key masher patch from exile. Its a messy piece of programming and no doubt intentionally so. There are events doing nothing, rogue wiring all over the place, and everything is all wired between several different macros. I think the time you'd spend untangling it could be better spent learning Reaktor from the roots up. What kinda functions do you like from his patch, and what are you aiming for in a live patch of your own? My Reaktor skills arent even close to making something like exiles full setup, but Im not so bad either. If I can help out I'd love to. The first thing would be to figure out what kinda functionality you want from you're live setup, and then we can figure out how to go about implementing it.

Yeah I spent quite a few hours going round in circles with Exile's patch to no avail. However, while I would love to some day implement Reaktor into some kind of live set, I feel it would make more sense to get to grips with something easier first, which I so far have been too lazy to do.

By the way, if you are the same TechDiff who released Coronation of a Cursed King on Allergy Records, congrats! Awesome release, the drum programming is some of the best I've heard.

Postby TechDiff » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Yeah 'twas me. Glad you liked the tunes. Im hoping to get some more recent tunes released later this year. i'll be sure to spam 'em if an when.

I've been using Reaktor live for quite a while now. And depending on what you want to achieve its really easy. one thing I use it pretty much just 2 granular channels beat synced and a few stock effects. Really simple but a good laugh. I dunno if there s one already, but it'd be cool if there was a little section on here for people to upload reaktor patches and vst presets etc.

Like I said before, if anyone has some ideas for reaktor stuff, but is unsure how to implement it. If I can, I'll try and help out any way I can.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:31 pm

TechDiff wrote:I dunno if there s one already, but it'd be cool if there was a little section on here for people to upload reaktor patches and vst presets etc.

Yeah I was thinking something similar. I want a tutorial section too.

Return to Software