for people who use reason

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

for people who use reason

Postby disposition » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:02 am

I just bought reason 5 after using reason 3 for the past half year. Lots of new updates, especaially from version 3. Anyone else use reason, and if so how to you generally lay down your drums? Is drawing in stuff with the dr rex and then drawing in automation the best way to do breakcore in reason?

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:05 pm

i used it years ago before getting into ableton. yeah I used to use dr rex but a lot of people were suggesting using the NNXT (is that what its called? the advanced sampler anyway) for breaks as it had more capabilities for advanced editing and it can also handle the rex files.

I think reason has a lot more potential than most people realise. you can't use VSTs but the inbuilt devices are pretty badass. especially the scream4 and that advanced reverb thing. the thor synth looks pretty awesome but never used it as I was using 2.5 back in the day.

Generally you should check out the videos on youtube by a guy called NED RUSH, he's done some awesome tutorials for reason especially for glitch/breakcore type stuff.

CoreCore Member

Postby avisupchurch » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Fucking Ned Rush.... how did I not know about him before? Missed this thread until just now... but he has some pretty amazing ideas for getting around some of the limitations of Reason's software.

Return to Software