cutoff in FL Pianoroll

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

cutoff in FL Pianoroll

Postby HIBrecords » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 am

Hi there you breakcorelovin folks.

This is me representing the new germany based (still amateur) fun label "HIBrecords". I've been active here as Sirjohnsonthursday for a short time about two years ago and I'm happy to be back.

Now the question:
In the pianoroll in Fruity Loops (I'm using version 9) you have the possibility to assing a cutoff level to every note (in the Notepropertys). Sadly this only seems to work with cutting off the high tones, "from the upper side". As it seems there is no way to start cutting off starting with the lower tones in the same way, which is quite annoying.

Can anyone tell me If I'm mistaking, or how I could easily get past this problem?

thanxalot

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:22 pm

YEah, go to Channel settings (double click the channel (instrument)), INS, Filter, MODX 50 and MODY 50. I actually never thought of doing that so I just figured that out, it works ok with the BP filter.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

1337 P0ZT3r

Re: cutoff in FL Pianoroll

Postby kosmonavt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:10 pm

HIBrecords wrote:Hi there you breakcorelovin folks.

This is me representing the new germany based (still amateur) fun label "HIBrecords". I've been active here as Sirjohnsonthursday for a short time about two years ago and I'm happy to be back.

Now the question:
In the pianoroll in Fruity Loops (I'm using version 9) you have the possibility to assing a cutoff level to every note (in the Notepropertys). Sadly this only seems to work with cutting off the high tones, "from the upper side". As it seems there is no way to start cutting off starting with the lower tones in the same way, which is quite annoying.

Can anyone tell me If I'm mistaking, or how I could easily get past this problem?

thanxalot

I'm not really sure what youre talking about but I think you're trying to do this to an instrument. And that won't work. It'll only work for samples.

teh_pwner

Re: cutoff in FL Pianoroll

Postby S2K08 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:43 pm

kosmonavt wrote:
HIBrecords wrote:Can anyone tell me If I'm mistaking, or how I could easily get past this problem?

I'm not really sure what youre talking about but I think you're trying to do this to an instrument. And that won't work. It'll only work for samples.

Well I tried it with FL slicer and it worked fine; that said, I know that's a sampler thingy kinda, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for things like Sytrus (I know it works without changing any settings with TS404, and maybe Sytrus too actually now that I think of it) - I'll have to try this again later.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Supah No0b

Postby HIBrecords » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 pm

I guess this should tell what I was talking about. Please excuse my english I'm not a native speaker.
Thanks for your help so far.

@kosmonavt: I'm trying to do this with the fruity slicer.

Supah No0b

Postby HIBrecords » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:44 pm

After testing S2K08s suggestion I have to say that it works perfectly. Thank you a lot!! New possibilities, yey!

Return to Software