using renoise

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Elite!

Postby Stazma » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:16 pm

Hail guys !

I hae stop to use FL because I have some big prolems to produce music with him because the CPU get totaly crazy for nothing. So i have download Renoise because I have read on a forum that Enduser and Venetian Snares use it.
I begin to understand why hehehe its a very HUGE software but very strange when you have awlays work with Sequencer.

If you have some tips for me it will be welcome (sorry fot mt english)

GOOD BREAK TO EVERYBODY !!!

Hardcore Member

Postby Funkicker » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:41 pm

^ man i stopped using FL as a sequencer right away after i got along with renoise, cpu use is indeed twice as low, and the differences aren't that big, except more possibilities and more sound control.
you just need to get used to the vertical beat programming, and the fact that you can't layer patterns but have to fully program every meassure

like said before, no bullocks, just the very basic, but unlimited possibilities

obvious tips are remaking some of your beats you made in fruity in renoise,
and layering a beat up in meassures to learn the sequencer..
also, at the renoise website you can find all the pattern effect commands, use of meta devices, etc. etc.

and you gotta love how easy it is to automate everything :D

Three Poster

Postby eon21b » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:44 am

Like he said, load samples, set BPM to 400 put alot of kick and bassdrum, learn how distortion effect work and you are good to go.

Hardcore Member

Postby ViciousX420 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 am

I'm starting to learn and use Renoise now as well, lol.. coming from FL, I haven't abandoned it yet.. I've found myself still preparing some of my breaks and oneshots in FL for the ease of use... but I'm deeply in love with Renoise. :D

Previous

Return to Software