Jamming software

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb
Average track rating:
3.0/5 out of 1 votes

Jamming software

Postby bogdan.g » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:34 pm

Hello.

I'm aware there have been many "how do you breakcore" threads already in the software section, but I still need some help.
Using Renoise for drum programming etc is wonderful, but I'd love to have a way to play n record breaks in real time. Keyboarding notes in Renoise doesn't do it for me. Heard Ableton has some interesting midi possibilities, but never had a chance to check it out.

The question: What DAW or software can make breakbeat programming more like playing an instrument, rather than... well, programming?

Elite!

Re: Jamming software

Postby ohmega sir » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:02 pm

i use ableton and "jam" in all my breaks but very rarely are they "live" i make a bunch of audio clips and assign them to my launchpad and jam them out that way, you can also just use your keyboard or midi keyboard to do basically the same thing, im sure you could do it like you would with an MPC (which i also use) and slice individual hits to assigned keys but that seems like a pointless and complex way of doing it to me
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

n3wb
Average track rating:
3.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby bogdan.g » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:57 am

That sounds good. Akai APC Mini just came out yay.

Does ableton react without any serious delay? Because that was the case in most my attempts, n thats why I keep searching. It might be complex, but real time jamming breakcore would be a dream come true ^.^

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:13 am

Depends on your processor and ram. Since i run on a i7 with 8gb ram its hard to have delay :-)
Also get rid of microsoftwave audio shit and install asio4all instead

Break Rapist
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 3 votes

Postby BreakforceOne » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:32 pm

yes, ableton is your choice i guess. it works well with me, altho i find the launchpad to be rather shitty for this, because on mine (launchpad s) you have to push the buttons fairly hard and that kills the speedy live break mashup shit i was trying to do since i need relatively long to press a button hard... my keyboard was a better choice there ;)
https://www.facebook.com/BreakforceOne || https://soundcloud.com/breakforce-one

I am a Admin. Kneel before me!

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:07 pm

thankfully my launchpad still works really well, i have no problem with delay etc, as said above defo use asio, delay when using controllers etc is usually either a latency or a processing issue both pretty easily solved, i could explain it all here but ive just finshed a 12hr day at work and smoked a fat joint lol, but google that shit youll find all you need to know pretty quickly
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

n3wb
Average track rating:
3.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby bogdan.g » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:43 am

Thank you, guys :)

Return to Software