Cubase 8 - Review Part 1

Want to talk about software? Editing tools? Effects Processors? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Cubase 8 - Review Part 1

Postby rk9 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm

So cubase 8 has been out for a while and of course I only had cash to spend on elements on the moment but it's a decent DAWs.
I made a track from scratch with midi & indstruments tracks and audio tracks with samples.

I started out with testing the drums of course, instrument tracks are a combination of audio and midi track.
They are easy to use and save a lot of time and in cubase 8 they added chord tracks as while so now I could easily create harmonic chords in my bass track.

The first bar cointains instrument tracks as while as a sample/audio.
And then it's just intrument tracks (Groove Agent SE & massive)

Which brings me to Massive and the VST Import.
It changed a little how so I needed to find it but it works better then 7 way quicker and the audio engine is indeed better.
The start up time and loading vst's along with cubase from start up works perfect on a i7 3.5 ghz & 4GB (lap top) ram it takes less then a minute.
Normally I had some trouble with loading massive and I had to readd the vst all the time now I have used it several times and no problems at all.

The last part from the scratch track is purely sample based where it doesn't beat abelton but it does work.
Probably will post more later but I leak of sleep right now. But bassicly this is what I have done in a few hours.
And like 15 minutes of composing

CoreCore Member

Re: Cubase 8 - Review Part 1

Postby rk9 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:40 pm

too add a bit more information - the glitches on drums are exactly instrument tracks just put the notes really shortly togers 1/64 and 1/128 in the drum score

Return to Software