Ozone mastering vst

Post links, share files, discuss VSTs. All things VSTs

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Ozone mastering vst

Postby Funkicker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:12 pm

hey all

i'm sure some of you know this one, but i must say it's the most briliant vst i've ever seen, ozone (3.1)

it's a plugin to master your tunes with endless possibilities,
with awesome filters and great exciters.

it can add punch, warmth and sparkle to your mix, and even automatically master your project, and match the mater eq of an audio clip

it contains a paragraphic eq, a mastering reverb, multiband harmonic exciter, multiband dynamics, multiband stereo imaging, and ofcourse a clean loudness maximiser

it was made mostly for mainstream and popular music, but does a great job on underground electronic music aswell, and the audio-quality is as high as it can be (everything is done at 64 bits)

a major drawback is it's pretty expensive, but thank god for the internet, right :P :D

check it out

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:50 pm

I use Ozone to master my stuff, it's great.

Supah No0b

Postby weakling » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:54 pm

Ozone is great for harmonic exciter and multiband comp but I would steer clear of the loudness max as it is not very transparent. Waves L2 is the best I have used and if you wanna make your ears bleed there is a little VST called G Clip which is free, it can redline your mixes no prob

Hardcore Member

Postby Funkicker » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:23 pm

weakling wrote:I would steer clear of the loudness max as it is not very transparent.

i agree its not the best, but it has a transparence setting, and can still add punch the way i want it too
i'm also very fond of the multiband dynamics function

but i'll check that waves L2 and G clip out too :)

Supah No0b

Postby weakling » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:20 am

Gclip is the dream. If you setup 2 inline, the 1st to about 80% so there are no peaks and then the 2nd to get in ear bleedingly LOUD.

n3wb

Postby Foetus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:22 am

weakling wrote:Gclip is the dream. If you setup 2 inline, the 1st to about 80% so there are no peaks and then the 2nd to get in ear bleedingly LOUD.

Are you completely retarded? First you destroy all your dynamics and then you brickwall your mix. People like you giving out advice that bad is why breakcore production sounds so fucking dire. Why not just push the gain up 20db and print the mix at 16bit? Pretty much gives you the same result.
Out of interest, can you link us to any releases of yours where you use such a technique to such devastating effect?

And as for L2, if you want to hear some decent transparent limiting based on code that isn't 10 years old, try the Sonalksis MaxLimit, Voxengo Elephant 3 or PSP Xenon, all of which sound better to my ears than the L2.

Three Poster

Postby Obake » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Foetus wrote:Are you completely retarded? First you destroy all your dynamics and then you brickwall your mix. People like you giving out advice that bad is why breakcore production sounds so fucking dire. Why not just push the gain up 20db and print the mix at 16bit?

Yeah, that's probably the worst thing you can do to your track. In my opinion it's much better to use more compression to single instruments while mixing your track and after that just use slight compression on your master channel to "glue everything together."
as for the topic, I've downloaded the demo and I liked it so I might buy it (yes, buy it :shock:) when I have some extra money to spend.

Hardcore Member

Postby ViciousX420 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:28 pm

I love Ozone, I will also vouch for it.. I use it. Like a lot have said here though, I don't use the loudness maximizer.. but I do use everything else.. with a very light touch Ozone sounds amazing. I also hate limiters, and while I do use one.. I do my mixes very quiet. :)

Return to VSTs