Chiptune Lead samples

Post links, share files, discuss miscellaneous samples. All things samples

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

Chiptune Lead samples

Postby Mleooo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:02 am

Is there anyone that happens to have any chiptune lead samples that they can share with me? or even chiptune packs is fine :D

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:05 pm

i don't actually have any sample packs of the sort, quite a few batches of exported sounds but nothing organized. what i will say is that in my experience its much easier just doing chip stuff from an actual vst/program/whatever, then if need be, record the samples from those resources yourself. (i know its time consuming to record samples but it can def be worth it in the long run!)

you could also download a gameboy emulator and run lsdj from it. I think those have probably been the most authentic chip sounds I've ever recorded

Supah No0b

Postby Analito » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:36 pm

divtech wrote:what i will say is that in my experience its much easier just doing chip stuff from an actual vst/program/whatever, then if need be, record the samples from those resources yourself. (i know its time consuming to record samples but it can def be worth it in the long run!)

I totally agree. If you wanna do chiptunes, get a tracker, and record it. Or get a Game Boy and record it. Or do circuit bending and record it. And then mix it the way you want.

Famitracker for example is free (windows only I guess), quite easy to use, and it sounds just like the shit.

n3wb

Postby Mleooo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:50 am

Thnx for the info but what kind of equipment will i need except for a gameboy and lsdj? it seems like a good idea and ive seen people do it but never really understood how. I found tutorials for famitracker but. ik this sounds odd but its like "too authentic"? im looking to expand more then JUST sounds from the NES. i like it thought and im sure itll come to use alot :)

Supah No0b

emulators

Postby Jean Gail » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 pm

i record the sounds with an audioprogram directly from the games, you can download emulators to play the games for every platform.

and there´s a snes soundripper and other stuff you might try out, just google it.

Supah No0b

?

Postby Jean Gail » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Alfred is that you? lol

n3wb

Postby Mleooo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:32 am

Thnx for the info guys :) i've just reently discovered the korg ds 10. I am SO getting this. check out this tune a guy that goes by Snild Dolkow. It's slightly repetitive but sound amazing to me :p. you guys should check out the korg ds 10 :D

Return to Samples