Dj scratch mixers

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwncall Member

Dj scratch mixers

Postby the shallow stairs » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:01 pm

okay, i bought the numark dm 1050, PEICE OF SHIT, so...

can anyone give me the names of a few good Dj mixers for scratching, cutting, fading, the works, i already know that rane's ttm56 or whatever is amazing but i do not have $800 to spend at the moment, i've looked at the American Audio Q-D5 MK2 and the Behringer VMX300, but if you know any good ones around the price of those please let me know!

:twisted:
http://www.myspace.com/rejectionprojectmusic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rejectionproject

art holiday and the shallow stairs are rejection project!

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:21 pm

Rane TTM56 (magnetic fader, never needs replacing, really nice adjustable xfader and volume fader for tight cuts)

Vextax PMC 07 (basically the turntablist standard for many years (workhorse, beat the fuck out of it, it keeps on chuggin, people have also built custom faders for it, Frost faders come to mind. And, i think the 05 is pretty decent as well. I'd check out the vestax site...

There are a couple, but these are the two I'd recommend over almost all other mixers. But you might check out Technics and Pioneer as well. There's some cool new technology out there, esspecially with Pioneers.

Don't buy American Audio, Numark or Behringer... all that is udder shit... save your money and spend the extra couple bucks, you'll thank me. If it's not a big name, and it ends up costing hundreds less then the bigger names, there's a reason for it, it's shit.

If you can't spend full price, check out ebay or craigslist... these recommended mixers have long lives and can take a hell of a beating so picking up a used one is sometimes worth it.
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

**DUMPSTER DUO w/ HUE-E & ALAN**
LIVE ON www.destroyer.net/radio
EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Pwncall Member

Postby the shallow stairs » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:03 pm

yeah, but these two don't have kills or bpm counters like the bherringer

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:49 pm

the cut on these eqs are pretty good, turn some knobs... and who needs, or even uses, bpm counters?

I have bpm counters on every piece of my gear, except my 1200s and never used any of them... beatmatch by ear ;)

imo, all that shit is just a luxury they put on there to make up for the fact that their equipment sucks. you're paying for quality, not bells and whistles.
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

**DUMPSTER DUO w/ HUE-E & ALAN**
LIVE ON www.destroyer.net/radio
EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:01 pm

the shallow stairs wrote:yeah, but these two don't have kills or bpm counters like the bherringer

real djs dont need bpm counters. if you are using records, put the bpm on the records you use. if you are using software, you can auto bpm stuff on most of them.

im a dj and i use the ttm 56. its one of the most beautiful pieces of machinery i have ever used. the EQs have the ability to completely cut lows mids or highs and have an on/off switch (essentially a kill switch.) another great feature is the stereo effects send. there is an on/off switch for each channel and a wet/dry fader. The faders alone are worth paying 700 bucks for. i have used almost every dj mixer out there including the vestax, and none of them are as smooth as the rane. if you are doing scratching, i wouldnt waste my money on some beringer piece of shit or even a vestax that costs around the same amount.

Pwncall Member

Postby the shallow stairs » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:08 pm

okay, well i like the rane, the vestax seems okay, here is one more numark i found that is a lot easier on my wallet

http://www.123dj.com/mixers/numark/dm3002.html

seemed pretty good for its price, but believe me if i had the .8k to drop i would, it's just that i am young and don't have a job :(

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:25 pm

yeah, i have used numark mixers before and their faders are pretty clumsy. like i said, i would just save up my money and get the better mixer.

Pwncall Member

Postby the shallow stairs » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:39 pm

alright thanks, rane ttm56 it is!...well, maybe :twisted:

CoreCore Member

Postby somebedroomdj » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:25 am

It's not very well known, but the Tascam XS-8 was one of the best bang for the buck mixers ever. X and up faders are Ecler Pro faders with 2mil cycle lifespan. You get three of them in the mixer and they can easily be swapped with each other. 3 channel EQ with full kill, adjust curve and program reverse on all faders, effects loop on both channels, balanced XLR output, pan on each channel. It's basically and Ecler HAK 360 rebranded as a Tascam.

They don't show up on Ebay very often, but my advice to anyone would be to snatch one up if you see it. I (and many others) paid $150 new for it when they discontinued them and I consider it one of the best purchases I've ever made. Another option is the XS-8's little brother, the XS-4. Same faders, I believe, but it's only got 2 band EQ.

And actually, I just did a quick search on Ebay and found an XS-8 for sale:
XS-8

CoreCore Member

Postby somebedroomdj » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:40 am

Or, if you've got $500 or so, the Ecler Nuo 3 is a sexy piece of gear.

n0Ob

Counters

Postby jorgea » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:25 am

Have you figured this out yet?

Peter Pan was a highly popular cartoon character who children the world over adored find cheap flights or try to find cheap flights online. Everyone wants to find cheap airline tickets whenever possible or find cheap airline tickets offline very cheap. People of all walks are searching for cheap air travel discount everywhere they go. Some people would do anything to get cheap air travel discount for a lot less. Some Flyers conduct cheap flight search on a regular basis. Others do cheap flight search less often. Many people who fly try their best to locate cheap airfare deal anywhere while others do less to find cheap airfare deal online or offline. The airlines are constantly offering cheap plane tickets while travel sites also provide cheap plane tickets to the public. Most people overweight want to know how to lose weight fast in order to weight loss in no time they want detox diets for weight loss see theannon. Gamers love playing green grasses in
[url=http:/www.flash-games.ws]free online games[/url] count in. His c cancer get the help free flash games bob went downstairs find cheap flights bob hike uphill cheap flight search hurried to the cabin cheap air travel ran to the store find cheap airline tickets deposit the check into cheap plane tickets cheap tom was convinced to leave cheap airfare deal ran the shop with cheap air flights abandoned the zoo for find cheap flights the poster was set on fire cheap flight search the dodgers were losing the game cheap air travel found the truth of the find cheap airline tickets the pink rose was cheap plane tickets cheap father was sick cheap airfare deal fished for salom until cheap air flights lost the prize mercury poisoning treatment ran and jogged mercury detox checked the hospital safe mercury detoxification quit the army to aluminum chelation the boys excused
the heavy metal detox for iron the jungle is a
heavy metal detox in body saw the manager walk metal detoxification barked all day and
night heavy metal natural detox the circus came home detox clay baths coast to the east clay bath experiences the fox ran to detoxifying clay the ranger gunned down detoxifying bath the lone wolf bentonite detox fell and jumped bentonite clay detox bath was seen drowning magnetic clay bath was hungry to be clay bath was sound and well clay baths for children the camp was set on fire autism the day was long for autism the snow all melted how to burn stomach fat the pages were
in what foods burn fat the ice did not
melt the fastest way to lose weight howl at the
moon best way to lose weight large belly did
not foods that help you lose weight was a
big log fast ways to lose weight snored like a
bear foods that help lose weight climbed up the
mountain what is the best way to lose weight liked to play
ball foods to lose weight was running to
the whats the fastest way to lose weight the mouse ran for its
life fastest inexpensive way to lose weight the horse was
brown how to lose weight extremely fast in the cave
she how to lose weight super fast the lion roared all day

mercury poisoning treatment mercury detox natural
safe mercury detoxification
lead poisoning antidote treatment
cancer treatment cancer treatments
adult autism treatment autism treatments autism cure autism how to cure autism how to treat autism

Return to Hardware