Electribes

Gear Debates, Reviews, Rants, and Raves. And of course a touch of bragging.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Electribes

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm thinking about getting one.

It's between that and a new synth right now (have a MicroKorg now, want to upgrade to either a Korg R3, Korg MicroX, or Roland Juno-D). From what I've heard of them, they seem like they could replace a computer playing beats altogether, and I really like the thought of that.

And they seem like a really good value, too.

Anyone have one/used one? Would you recommend I get one or not?

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:20 pm

personally, i don't see the point in synthesiser hardware...

i've hear lots of people have fun with that electribe gear though :)

n3wb

Postby microphyst » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:39 pm

i have an electribe es-1 mk2. it's quite good for doing gabba and proper HARD speedcore and other techno based styles. it can do breaks quite well, but don't be fooled by the "time slice" function. it just splits a break up into its individual beats and gives you the option to play or mute the part, no moving bits around unfortunantly. you have pretty easy distribution and control of effects as well. personally i prefer to use a computer for doing breaks and beats on. it is a different way of going about working on stuff though, so you might make beat rhythms you wouldn't normally make on a computer. i hardly use it to be honest. mostly just use it live with the kp3 (oh yeah :D)

i would have much prefered to get a ea-1. step sequenced synths would be sweet as fuck for doing synths like on pay4lay by belladonnakillz. yum.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby vank » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:33 am

I just got an ea-1 for mad cheap. this thing is fun. going to record some stuff for slowleak this weekend. wish you had more controls though. but its damn cool sounding.

Postby cursedc » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:37 am

i think I'll sell my EA-1 one of these days......or maybe not cause it is a lot of fun.

plus using it as a synth/fx processor is pretty cool.
Kingdom of Consequence, Lord Chimera's Reign.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/cchimera">Enter The Void.</a>

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby vank » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:33 am

cursedc wrote:i think I'll sell my EA-1 one of these days......or maybe not cause it is a lot of fun.

plus using it as a synth/fx processor is pretty cool.

don't sell it! its so fun.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:55 am

Sell it to meeeee!

I'm seriously thinking about getting one. A friend here at college has a Roland MC-808 and after playing with it for a bit, I'd really like to get some hardware like that fuck with. Lucky for me, Electribes are almost half the price of an 808. :P

What is the difference between the EMX1 and the ESX1 though? There's like 1 more knob on the EMX1 from what it looks like... Any discernable difference in their sounds? I mean, they're both the exact same price, so what's up?

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:52 pm

I wish you guys would stop talking about these! I really don't have the money to spend on one but it sounds so much fun!

CoreCore Member

Postby kvkvg » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:16 pm

ive got an origional es1 which is nowhere near as cool as the es1 mk2. a year after buying it i was given a mac, so i stoped using it for a long time - not good for making break based music. but i have recently dusted it off for live gigs, its really good fun for vocal work. you can do cool gating effects and the decimatior effect is proper sex.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby vank » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:53 am

xTxRxAxVxIxSx wrote:Sell it to meeeee!

I'm seriously thinking about getting one. A friend here at college has a Roland MC-808 and after playing with it for a bit, I'd really like to get some hardware like that fuck with. Lucky for me, Electribes are almost half the price of an 808. :P

What is the difference between the EMX1 and the ESX1 though? There's like 1 more knob on the EMX1 from what it looks like... Any discernable difference in their sounds? I mean, they're both the exact same price, so what's up?

the emx is a synth

the esx is a sampler

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:59 am

Which one's more fun? :D

I don't know if I would want a synth like that so much... because I already have a synth. I'd rather compose beats, so ESX it is.

Now I just need $500!

Edit: Shit, after watching some more videos, the EMX really looks kinda cooler.

Supah No0b

Postby harndrang » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

i have an ESX and i never thought about an EMX cause i don`t really need some sound-engine.
i do really well with the sampler, i have a lot of hardware equipement, but to do basic work on tracks i only need the ESX.
and it does also well with broken beats (ok i talk about hardware - not software, but it`s also nice to sync it with ableton ;) )

Pwncall Member

Postby JBL » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:43 am

anyone got one of these electribe for sale? I'm mostly looking for the em-1 or emx-1 to use with my kp3.

Supah No0b

Postby Zabr » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:35 am

Hi friends i have electribe emx esx and mk2. But i want to do breaks with using samples (no slicing) is it possible on this machines? (i m sorry i m not from england :D thank you)

Hardcore Member

Postby Warpsmasher » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:40 pm

The more the merrier. I have an esx and an emx, midi connected and plugged into a dj mixer, for endless crossfade fun. Like a pair of turntables, just 1000x more awesome. Whatever plays on the one that's sending the midi signal plays simultaneously on the other with a completely different set of sounds that you have total control over, and can interchange as little or as much as you want. Since they both have midi out and through, you can also route the midi signal through to another synth in addition to the two 'tribes.Image

Next

Return to Hardware