contest suggestion

All contests, giveaways and site events will take place here.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:18 pm

hue-e wrote:re: being creative with a song destruction... lies I tell you, you can be very creative with the destruction or reconstruction of an existing song. not everything needs to be totally from scratch.

well, that's the theory. but out of the hundreds of "mashups" and remixes etc i've been subjected to, about a handful were worth listening to more than once.

if every contest was from a sample pack, that wouldn't be very creative now, would it.

I see what you're saying, but on the other hand you've essentially said "making new things out of different things each time isn't very creative". Which is, well, bollocks :)

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:21 pm

you lost me on the secon part of that. oh well, I wasn't really paying attention anyway.

personally, I've been having fun playing around with midi files of old tunes. not really a mashup per se, but just a re-invention of an old song.
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

**DUMPSTER DUO w/ HUE-E & ALAN**
LIVE ON www.destroyer.net/radio
EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:29 pm

actually, I'm in the process of trying to get a "fart-bank" together. If I get a big enough one, I'll submit it to be used in one of the contests.

the idea would be that you could use nothing but the variety of farts and burps in the pack, nothing else other then maybe some effects and stretching , compressing or pitching of the existing samples. you would not be able to use any other drum breaks, bass, or synths, everything would be flatulence.

now that would require creativity...

see, I'm not a hack that just wants to re-write other peoples songs, I have real depth and inovation running through my viens... oh, and acid.
hue-e
[ www.destroyer.net | www.usjungle.net | www.devilmusicmusic.com | www.hue-e.com - austin, tx]

EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:56 pm

hue-e wrote:actually, I'm in the process of trying to get a "fart-bank" together. If I get a big enough one, I'll submit it to be used in one of the contests.

don't stop there, submit it to your school as part of your music coursework.

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:58 pm

hue-e wrote:you lost me on the secon part of that. oh well, I wasn't really paying attention anyway.

Heh, nice try cowboy.

How about next time i'll say something you want to hear using smaller words in a big shiny colourful typeface?

Lord!

Postby JohnMerrik » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:05 pm

I think you will quite happy then. Besides the next contest, all of the upcoming contests so far are NOT Sample Packs. I will sometime make it so users can see the upcoming contests perhaps.. but right now I am afraid that will spoil the surprise.
I don't need a fucking signature... WolfMerrik.com

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:19 pm

pimperteen wrote:
hue-e wrote:you lost me on the secon part of that. oh well, I wasn't really paying attention anyway.

Heh, nice try cowboy.

How about next time i'll say something you want to hear using smaller words in a big shiny colourful typeface?

hmm... sowndz guud. hoopfoolie i cun unarstundz u betterz.

geez... lets get into some hazing here. cause i know you and you know me and you're contributions to the world easily surpass mine.

perhaps your opinions on prodution contests would be valid if you actually wrote tunes. neither your profile or your myspace have any posted so I'd imagine you're just wasting space. oh wait, their forthcoming :roll:

shutup

thanks for playing, go masturbate with a cheesegrader now.
Last edited by hue-e on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hue-e

EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:21 pm

JohnMerrik wrote:I think you will quite happy then. Besides the next contest, all of the upcoming contests so far are NOT Sample Packs. I will sometime make it so users can see the upcoming contests perhaps.. but right now I am afraid that will spoil the surprise.

yeah, that's a good idea... I like the element of surprise.

it's like a pop-quiz or something, but funner... cause I remember being pissed when teachers would spring that shit on me.
hue-e

EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Pwncall Member

Postby the shallow stairs » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:33 pm

john merrik already did one
http://www.myspace.com/rejectionprojectmusic

http://www.reverbnation.com/rejectionproject

art holiday and the shallow stairs are rejection project!

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:00 pm

hue-e wrote:hmm... sowndz guud. hoopfoolie i cun unarstundz u betterz.

geez... lets get into some hazing here. cause i know you and you know me and you're contributions to the world easily surpass mine.

perhaps your opinions on prodution contests would be valid if you actually wrote tunes. neither your profile or your myspace have any posted so I'd imagine you're just wasting space. oh wait, their forthcoming :roll:

shutup

roffles, haha now we're getting really personal! Better hope my contest entry sucks eh, I assume you're entering? :)

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby miskibaul » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:43 pm

pimperteen wrote: I assume you're entering? :)

haha thats exactly what your mom was telling me last night.....thats nuts...:D

this one is going to be great....were all foaming at the mouths on this one!

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:44 am

Hmm, hostility, nice...

Pwncall Member

Postby hue-e » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:07 pm

pimperteen wrote:
hue-e wrote:hmm... sowndz guud. hoopfoolie i cun unarstundz u betterz.

shutup

roffles, haha now we're getting really personal! Better hope my contest entry sucks eh, I assume you're entering? :)

lol... I'm playin btw. dont take it personal, it's just how I roll on the internets. I always assume people just know that

gonna try to get something thrown together for sure. I have a busy work schedule and I'm in the middle of a house renovation so hopefully I can find time.
hue-e

EVERY TUESDAY, 6-8PM CST

Three Poster

Postby badaski82 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:45 am

yeah sounds good

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:21 am

badaski82 wrote:yeah sounds good

Unnecassary, i will fucking ban you