ableton live

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Hardcore Member

Postby Terminal42 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Video pretty much sums it up...

Supah No0b

Postby robinhoode » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:09 am

I've seen that video before.. Someone mentions in the comments that the style he's pulling off using that technique is rather bland.. and the author of the vid agrees with him.. Generic mashup is kinda overdone at this point, I think.

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 pm

robinhoode wrote:I've seen that video before.. Someone mentions in the comments that the style he's pulling off using that technique is rather bland.. and the author of the vid agrees with him.. Generic mashup is kinda overdone at this point, I think.

Thats not really the point of the video its just him showing how there is a fast and easy way to do things in ableton. He probably just clicked and dragged random sound files and mapped them up then did a quick video. Hell I've did the same thing and get tickled at the results.

On the other hand if you were to chop up your own samples, make your own sounds and then try this technique you maybe able to pull off something pretty interesting.

Pwncall Member

Postby s-n-s » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:40 pm

ive just found a old version of ableton live lite 7,anyone knows any good racks that will work with that version for mashing shit up?

Three Poster

Postby atom heart » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:51 am

love your track
A tutorial would be VERY helpful!

thanks

Pwncall Member

Postby brokoloid » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:55 am

rtificial wrote:
the_machine wrote:load up an amen sample a few times, set a few different starting points. load up a few gabber kicks. assign all samples to your keyboard, hit record and start a keyboard smashing frenzy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5sMjjOHJcw

That video cracks me up everytime. It is pretty fun to do that with random breaks, gabber kicks and samples. Then do like the Mavis Beacon breakcore track.

this is a little bit more scarier - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPMTqW0nIMY

8)

Three Poster

Postby klitoris » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:46 pm

brokoloid wrote:
rtificial wrote:
the_machine wrote:load up an amen sample a few times, set a few different starting points. load up a few gabber kicks. assign all samples to your keyboard, hit record and start a keyboard smashing frenzy:

That video cracks me up everytime. It is pretty fun to do that with random breaks, gabber kicks and samples. Then do like the Mavis Beacon breakcore track.

this is a little bit more scarier - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPMTqW0nIMY

8)
hahaaha

Three Poster

Postby klitoris » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:47 pm

divtech wrote:produce an amen track

amen is so overused, no thankyou.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:18 pm

klitoris wrote:
divtech wrote:produce an amen track

amen is so overused, no thankyou.

no kidding, i would say that you couldve read the rest and found out that it was a joke, but the thread is over a year old anyway haha

Supah No0b

Postby dag451 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 am

This thread might be dead but to anyone reading...
Learn the value of live's midi effect. Especially random. Chop your breaks upas you will and sort them into a drum rack. Insert a midi with every active playing for the whole length of the bar. Then insert arpeggiator and select random/random other/random once (whatever you feel like), then you can also insert things like velocity, note length etc. Then use the random effect and stick it in front of other effects, it randomizes whatever is next in the insert chain.
Once you've done all this set up a blank midi and audio channel. Select midi/audio from the drum rack you've just created. Arm. And record everything that gets generated. A lot of it will be junk but some will be random moments of gold that you will never be able to recreate.
I recommend resampling everything you. Then maybe even give the same treatment. And you can do this again and again. Trust me, it will definitely come out with some interesting results.

Supah No0b

Postby dag451 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 am

This thread might be dead but to anyone reading...
Learn the value of live's midi effect. Especially random. Chop your breaks upas you will and sort them into a drum rack. Insert a midi with every active playing for the whole length of the bar. Then insert arpeggiator and select random/random other/random once (whatever you feel like), then you can also insert things like velocity, note length etc. Then use the random effect and stick it in front of other effects, it randomizes whatever is next in the insert chain.
Once you've done all this set up a blank midi and audio channel. Select midi/audio from the drum rack you've just created. Arm. And record everything that gets generated. A lot of it will be junk but some will be random moments of gold that you will never be able to recreate.
I recommend resampling everything you. Then maybe even give the same treatment. And you can do this again and again. Trust me, it will definitely come out with some interesting results.

Supah No0b

Postby Naxx » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi i have got problem syncing Korg padKONTROL with ABleton 7.0.1. I loaded drivers from CD marked input and output in ableton for padKontrol and still Ableton cant see Korg. I can only assign keys to pc keyboard. Any action done with Korg is not noticed. Any kind of help will be apprecieated

n0Ob

Postby acres » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:11 am

this and beat repeat on everything always works
put some vocal on it
chicks love vocals

Previous

Return to Tutorials