help me acheive this effect

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

help me acheive this effect

Postby maidenchina » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:39 am

I'd like to know more about the gating effect in the Venetian Snares song "Welfare Wednesday" at 2:33
namely, if there is a proper name for it, and how I may be able to create it

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:12 am

are you serious?, just automate your volume up and down as you please on the desired sample, not that hard dude.
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:08 am

What Snafu said. Either automate the volume or link it to an LFO you can turn on and off.

Postby maidenchina » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:13 pm

oh cool, i can do that
thanks

Elite!

Re: help me acheive this effect

Postby ohmega sir » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:33 pm

sajjad123 wrote:how do i get my punchy kick that is in its own channel to still be punchy without overpowering my break in a different channel? im using renoise....do i duck or gate it? sidechain? EQ?

eq and use filters to get rid of all the extra frequencies that will clash with the rest of your break, if your using a kick inside your break aswell as your own, solo both kicks together and run them through some eq's and filters untill you feel they both have the space in the mix you want ,
also if youre going to use a sidechain compression to make your kick stand out use it on the break and have the kick as the source of the sidechain, this will make the attack of the compressor open faster, meaning the break will sound as if it ducks when the kick hits.
and if your using alot of distortion all sorts of strange frequencies can occur, if you bounce your kick down and resample it you can again use filters to take away some of the distortions unwanted noize but still retain that nasty sound you want
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

Return to Tutorials