Stop 'just doing something random'

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Postby Infekkted » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Indeed! But still, this proves my point :PPPPPP

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby SweetPeaPod » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:47 pm

y'all are right. i don't think you should upload any and everything.
Whatever you put out there, you should really like and be proud of.. even if it's a simple track.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:09 am

robotrobot wrote:
divtech wrote:
its too general for practical application when producing, I will use it live for specific functions but it just isn't that useful for composition.

I think its the fact that is set up as a sequencer that makes it too bulky; I could suggest splitting it up and using the components but usually there are other onboard effects or more useful plugins to do the specific tasks it generalizes.

to each his own however.

Do you knoiw of a more useful retrigger vste than glitch's built in one? I use renoise and yes, retriggering with controls on the timing and panning is possible with tracker commands and precious time, but what I love about glitch with renoise is I can simply automate glitch's timing, mix, and panning sliders which saves a substantial amount of time while retaining full control of what I'd like to do with retriggering. The same thing with glitch's stretcher and shuffler, with assignable automation you save a lot of time but have full control of sound. I have yet to find a retrigger app and shuffler app that gives me this kind of control as glitch pretty much has an automatable slider for each effect's knob. Long story short, if you can point me to a better retrigger and suffler with this type of control, it would be helpful, thank you.

Just to be clear I was referring to production in glitch's abuses rather than live setup.

My version of a better retrigger in production is to cut up the pieces of the track yourself, you will get much better control of what youre doing without the vst.

My version of a better stretcher is ableton's onboard warping functions

I dont even remember what shuffler actually does but I'm almost positive it cant be better than fine tuning each cut up piece of a track on your own

I agree that an easier vst to do stuff thats difficult to automate live is a great idea (which glitch does well) but i would never use that simple quick-fix for my production

Postby Felix-the-jungle-cat » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:01 am

divtech wrote:I don't think people care enough to give constructive advice to just anyone who puts out a shit track, there's far too many of them.

Maybe a better suggestions to beginning producers is to wait to release songs or even to show them off. I wish I would've done that.

a bit of quality control goes a long way!!!

I run all my stuff past my cat first, before I see it fit for human ears...
luckily my girlfriends a vet..

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:53 am

Don't be such an elitist dick, everyone starts out as a noob, some people stay noobs, but telling other people what they should or should not do with their productions like you know everything is not going to help them in anyway.
There already enough elitist dicks in the 'scene', or whatever is left of it.

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:36 pm

I shoudl really be working, fuck replying to e-mails though... haha, apropos this thread... I'm like to crown myself king of the shit tracks, as all of mine are terrible, and while they may get better over time, i get lazier and lazier.

Hey, got a problem? sure you do.

Although I don't think it's fair to tell people what they're doing is wrong, 75-80% of what I do is "just doing something random" sometimes it works, most of the time doesn't.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Pwner

Postby DISEMBOWELLED » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:41 pm

robotrobot wrote:
divtech wrote:
its too general for practical application when producing, I will use it live for specific functions but it just isn't that useful for composition.

I think its the fact that is set up as a sequencer that makes it too bulky; I could suggest splitting it up and using the components but usually there are other onboard effects or more useful plugins to do the specific tasks it generalizes.

to each his own however.

Do you knoiw of a more useful retrigger vste than glitch's built in one? I use renoise and yes, retriggering with controls on the timing and panning is possible with tracker commands and precious time, but what I love about glitch with renoise is I can simply automate glitch's timing, mix, and panning sliders which saves a substantial amount of time while retaining full control of what I'd like to do with retriggering. The same thing with glitch's stretcher and shuffler, with assignable automation you save a lot of time but have full control of sound. I have yet to find a retrigger app and shuffler app that gives me this kind of control as glitch pretty much has an automatable slider for each effect's knob. Long story short, if you can point me to a better retrigger and suffler with this type of control, it would be helpful, thank you.

I would suggest "instajungle" and "supatrigga"

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 pm

s2k08 wrote:
Hey, got a problem? sure you do.
I don't think it's fair to tell people what they're doing is wrong, 75-80% of what I do is "just doing something random".

too right to be honest i dont really care about oh you have to use this program and this vst and you have to be a genius at mixing mastering and all sorts, sure this makes for really really great music thats fun to listen to and admire for its artistic merit, but maybe just maybe thats not really what i wanted to make in the first place, maybe i want to make fucked up over distorted noise that makes people go what the fuck is this shit it sucks, kinda thought thats what the point in breakcore was, like to not fit in and follow a bunch of rules and standards
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

Previous

Return to Tutorials