REQUEST: Mixing breakcore?

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Pwner

REQUEST: Mixing breakcore?

Postby Draegg » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:35 am

So i know there´s a shitload of people on here who mixes breakcore and such, i myself have never rly got the hang of it, im currently mixing dnb to get some general feel for mixing stuff over 175 bpm but i wanna know if there are any other tips and tricks? Preferably in depth stuff.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby SweetPeaPod » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:21 pm

if you're getting overwhelmed by the speed of things.. just remember, a track that's 300 bpm is the same as mixing a track that's 150 - the same as 75.....
you don't have to try and count each beat as it goes.. hone in on something constant in the track that is going half-beat.. or 1/4 beat.... like a clap or cym hit.
jungle is good like that... as far as having that half-beat marker... good choice to practice with.

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Re: REQUEST: Mixing breakcore?

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Dude mixing dnb wil not improve joure breakcore mixing. Knowing joure tracks and have a good feeling of wat fits togeter wil help more....I dont know wat kind of breakcore jou like....I sugest jou listen to DJ Parasite. He can mix stuf of al kind of stiles togetter.

Pwner

Postby Draegg » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:09 pm

why wouldnt mixing dnb be a good learning? It´s faster than stuff i´ve mixed before and is like breakcore without the crazy edits and whatnots!
Yeah im spinning som jungle atm and i think i got the basic mixtechniques down, just not that into slam mixing though :P Thanks for the tips! Bring more!

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby SweetPeaPod » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 pm

i think it is... but for the die-hard-breakcore.... everything is shit! it is similar that it's break-heavy. i was under the impression that u were spinning jungle to get a feel for spinning fast breaks..(that which ur not used to) so, in that case... Yes.. it will help you. when it comes to breakcore.. the measures aren't always the same.. obviously in a more punky genre, you def have to know your tracks to spin them well.. jungle is mostly calculated more like a dj-friendly record. (hence being easier)
btw... using records, right?

Platinum Poster!
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby Feutus Lapdance » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Depends on the Jungle.

Supah No0b

Postby giacobbe2795 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:49 am

kewl

Postby Greezus » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 am

There's other ways that you can mix breakcore aside from matching the beats, too, if you're overwhelmed by the speed. For example, if a track cuts into a standalone movie sample or something, you can drop something huge after that. Say a track cuts into a sample someone screaming from Hostel, you'd wanna drop something really aggressive. On the other hand, if the movie sample is something less intense, you could drop some shitmat/ragga.

Postby SideshowKenny » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:17 am

I just git Uber high and wing it...oh and hotcues and lotsa beatmasher and slicer and um what's it called?...oh shit...yeah see.transposition stretch!~ That's tha one!

Return to Tutorials