Ableton

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Elite!

Ableton

Postby ohmega sir » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:35 pm

yo so ive just changed from FLstudio 9 to Ableton live 8 ive got most of the basics down, but if any of the producers in here that use ableton have any essential tips and tricks that i should know, let me know or if you have any good videos send them this way cheers!!
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

Supah No0b

Ableton

Postby wowo202 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:56 am

Hi. Ableton is a great platform to get into. something to watch out for with it is when warping and un-warping audio files the beginning of the file might get shortened a bit. i'm not sure if they fixed it in 9. But try dropping a file in and un-warp it....try to extend the beginning and you will see what im talking about. This can cause a whole bunch of problems with timing.

Supah No0b

Insta breaks

Postby wowo202 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:01 am

Ableton live is really cool with creating breaks. If you have a drum loop go to your session view (lots of rectangle view) drop in your loop...double click on it so you can see ur waveform. The file should be warped. go ahead and hit record on your file. It should be recording to your arrangement view. so when u see your wave form notice on the top of the waveform window by the numbers there is select featureit should have an arrow on each side...if you move one side or the other it will record the movement. and therefore create interesting patterns. Try it out. Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Supah No0b

Postby Zodion » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:47 pm

ableton live make the thing easy

Three Poster

Ableton versus 8

Postby KreAckZ » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Since version 8 management Midi is OK, and the acceptance of more audio formats.
Finally, project management is done through a project-specific folder with all the other samples that make up your project.
Personally, I use a BCF ReBirth + + Electribe MKII is the best compromise is really and nomadic.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby verdroid » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm

if you're starting with ableton, check some vidz of 'tom cosm' on youtube. Could be helpfull

Return to Tutorials