vocals.....

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

1337 P0ZT3r

vocals.....

Postby verdroid » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:28 pm

some ableton producers who can share some knowledge 'bout adding/mixing vocals into tracks?

if i try it, either the vocals or the track is over welming the other one...or it just gets too noisy

so i have to cut everything...

the real question is to add vocals in the hot part of a track (hard kicks/loud music) and hear the vocals proper at the same time.

example:
http://soundcloud.com/fuckmybass/my-head-keeps-turnin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSE56lmuA-k

Hardcore Member

Postby Sense of Direction » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:39 am

Wouldn't the vocal belong right before the drop?

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Hey man what do you mean exactly, like level wise(volume/equalizing?), or do you mean where to fit them in the track?

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:27 pm

while i do not have much professional input, i may be able to further refine the problem.

I think the most difficult aspect of working with vocal is that their volumes are very dynamic, constantly changing and the soft parts are very soft while the louder parts will drown out everything else if you try to make them both audible.

Many times before i use vocals ill compress them and eq out the conflicting frequencies, generally the low. Other times they are already pretty perfect, for example, vocals from previously professionally recorded material.

Return to Tutorials