I make music... Now What?

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

I make music... Now What?

Postby Zumbao » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Ok, so I've learned (and of course I'm still learning) to produce some shit and I'm proud enough of it to want it to be in a record label.
But how? I mean, must I wait until someone magically notices me, send my tracks to every label I hear of, cry because I'm the only one who thinks I make good music, or what?

Please Help!
Everything is made by the computer.

Average track rating:
2.0/5 out of 1 votes

Re: I make music... Now What?

Postby thanatos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:10 pm

there is no answer
do you want people to hear your music ? do you want to have gigs ?
do you want to make a living of music ?
what do you want

Break Rapist
Average track rating:
4.0/5 out of 3 votes

Postby BreakforceOne » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Zumbao wrote:Ok, so I've learned (and of course I'm still learning) to produce some shit and I'm proud enough of it to want it to be in a record label.
But how? I mean, must I wait until someone magically notices me, send my tracks to every label I hear of, cry because I'm the only one who thinks I make good music, or what?

Sounds like you want to be "famous".

Im gonna be honest with you.

You wont get "famous" as a Breakcore Musician. "Fame" is also the last thing you wanna have as a breakcore producer, because this isnt about fame. This isnt about that people know you. I have, after 1,5 years, about 250 followers on Soundcloud. This is really cool, and the Feedback i get is overwhelming, and i sure dont want more. Of course, i will GET more, but thats only because i release constantly and people slowly find my music. Or its because i slowly get better at doing it, thats also a possibility.
Thats the subtext i get from your question.

Back to the main question:
Send your stuff around. 9/10 Labels will ignore you, 1/10 will listen to it. Then you have a 50% chance of being accepted.
https://www.facebook.com/BreakforceOne || https://soundcloud.com/breakforce-one

I am a Admin. Kneel before me!

Three Poster

Postby Zumbao » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:30 pm

I didn't mean anything about fame, sorry if it sounded like that.
What I mean is, how can I reach more listeners? Maybe indie labels (that was my first thought), and if that's the answer, how can I let them know I exist?
Everything is made by the computer.

Average track rating:
2.0/5 out of 1 votes

Postby thanatos » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:31 pm

if you want more listener find good free netlabel and send them 4 tracks in 320 mp3
if you want gig send to the label you like 4 tracks 320 mp3
and wait to see what happen

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:26 pm

to be honest dude, i have a degree in sound engineering and have been making music almost everyday for 12/14 years and breakcore for about 5, i have 4 full length (core) albums out on reasonably sized labels more compilation tracks than i can remember and upwards of 20,000 downloads in total, but i still struggle to get booked or acknowledged by my peers, you have to do it for the love of the music, keep sending your stuff out to labels, upload it where you can and hopefully people will come around, especially if you are talented!!!
SPLATTERKORE!!!!!!!!!

Return to Tutorials