After years of searching... it's all bullshit

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n0Ob

After years of searching... it's all bullshit

Postby DoomCannon » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:04 am

OK... i have bin trying for YEARS to "produce breakcore" I have at my disposal just about every piece of hardware and software that has ever bin mentioned to be used with making this sort of sound, and yet..... even with hours upon hours of experimentation and learning new software Technics I've come to the conclusion that all the "tutorials" that are out there on this are absolute BULLSHIT. they are misleading, or just shit at best. I'm not so much interested in copying a certain musicians "style" but more just trying to figure out how EXACTLY dose one go about creating breakcore/jungle style breaks variations in renoise.... No matter what i try i can ether chop things up and re-arrange them to make sort of stale variations of the same break, but i can't figure out how in the hell do you use the sample effects commands in there without it starting to get all out of time and shit sounding??!?!? i have tried just "sync"the break to the projects tempo and using the U and D effects commands to elicit the sort of up and down pitching effects you would hear in something like a V-Snares track.... but all you get is a really weird slowing down of the break at that point until the next "hit" comes in... it's all very strange and i have exhausted all possible ways of doing this. I'm now convinced it is not actually possible without some super secret "technic" that people are just not willing to share:( I've given up on "producing breakcore in renoise" as it's just not possible without some BS plugin like DBGlitch or some other bullshit shortcut. I bought Renoise under the impression it had all the tools i needed to mold a breakcore track on my own with some work and experimentation, But this is just not the case clearly. The so called sample effects commands are useless for getting that breakcore sound ... if you chop your breaks: sure you can get some pretty "nice" sounding variations" but if you try to pitch shift a single snare hit for instance it just will NOT work in time with the tracks BPM and if you go the whole "Sync" route... well then your even MORE handicapped as far as what you can and can't do with these effects commands... it's all very disappointing, anyone care for a renoise license? good until version 4.1 :D

1337 P0ZT3r

Re: After years of searching... it's all bullshit

Postby fap* » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:39 pm

just make what you like and call it breakcore...or whatever you want.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::

CoreCore Member

Re: After years of searching... it's all bullshit

Postby rk9 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Breakcore doesn't have to be on time and in synch.
But if you want that go ahead, I produce breakcore which is quintized and chop up breaks.
I use groove agent one inside cubase to do so.
Kinda old school compare too FL., there are other reasons why I don't use FL it's highly confusing too me. I don't like how it processes audio and being a composer I like the tools that cubase has to offer.

Return to Tutorials