Changes to live & DJ-sets thx too the Pioneer CDJ NX2

How-To's written by members of this site... Don't know how to do it? Stop crying and read.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

CoreCore Member

Changes to live & DJ-sets thx too the Pioneer CDJ NX2

Postby rk9 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:46 pm

It's comming soon the new club standard and some of you might use a CDJ as a soundcourd for live sets (trough Ableton for example)
And there is 2 expects that get's me excited about this. It takes Flac & the bitrate is going from the older CDJ 24 bit - 48kHz geluidskaart standard to the newer digital high res standard 96 kHz/24-bit

The CDJ-2000NXS2 inherits all the best features from its predecessor – the CDJ-2000NXS – and takes a giant leap forward. We’ve added a larger, multicolour touch screen with a Qwerty keyboard and search filters to help you select tracks faster. 2 banks of 4 Hot Cues give you more creative freedom, while a 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and support for FLAC/Apple Lossless Audio (ALAC) means you can play with higher resolution formats.

So why is this exciting? Reflective harmonics, this is not really a thing for the sampling producer. Unless he knows what he is doing.
There is a lot of sound we exprience but don't hear. You can do a lot of cool stuff with it. For example making chords.

Changes you have to make are the following: (If you want to take advantage of it)

Producing
Your DAW should be changed to 96 kHz/24-bit output.
Make sure the rest of your audio gear processes and play back these settings, there is a whole spectrum of extra sound.

Mastering It won't be asked that often yet.
For mastering engineers the above applies of course.
DIY mastering isn't something I would recommend.
There are good mastering engineers out there capable of mastering your tracks.

DJ-ing
I ain't sure yet, take into account that audio moves in waves and that the new pioneer mixer will process those.
Some tracks will be noticable louder since there is more audio coming from it. So watch your gain.

Return to Tutorials