Screen recorded a song

Just say whatever you want.... spam, hate on things... whatever you want. Topics deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Screen recorded a song

Postby PEPCORE » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:50 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eFnD2dEPU5g

First time screen recording and my cpu could barelly handle so had to remove some effects :?

But worked out pretty good i think.

Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eFnD2dEPU5g

Still a lot of work in the song, and had to remove some bass sounds, but sounds alright for 3-4 hours of work :twisted:

If i compare it with all the other dnb songs recorded there, i still have a lot to learn :? :? :? :? , ah well learning takes time. :roll:

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:53 am

Yay, another FL user. Although, I think you mentioned it before.

Pretty sweet track though, and it looks like you're doing some pretty good stuff. I'll have to try this sometime to get some feedback on my techniques.

As far as I can tell though, you know what you're doing in Fruity Loops. :D

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:02 am

sweet!

here's a part of mine i did a while ago, shit quality :p:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eWmkUxOTJEY

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:25 pm

xTxRxAxVxIxSx wrote:Yay, another FL user. Although, I think you mentioned it before.

Pretty sweet track though, and it looks like you're doing some pretty good stuff. I'll have to try this sometime to get some feedback on my techniques.

As far as I can tell though, you know what you're doing in Fruity Loops. :D

Yeah i love fruity loops, im finally starting get the hang of the program now.

And weyheyhey i love that song, is allow right?

That song is sweet. :D

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:55 pm

hah yes, and thanks :D

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:44 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ2f6MvzkDk

Another new one, might wanna turn your volume down, starts all of the sudden...

Pwncore Member

Postby ny4rl4thot3p » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:47 pm

kind of off topic, but i LOVE how just from poking around here, i've discovered that a TON of other artists love fruity loops, and don't break out the snotty "psht. that's a child's toy. real producers use cubase" bullcrap like all the techno snobs in Detroit do. I finally feel at home! haha

in regards to the video - that's pretty amazing. :shock:
<a href="http://www.soundcloud.com/nyarlathotep">"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - A. Huxley</a>

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:09 pm

I don't see why people have a go at Fruity Loops for being easy and amateurish. I've just started using it and yes, it is very user-friendly, simple to use, etc. but why is that a bad thing? I used Cubase before that and the only difference I find between the two is that one is more difficult to use. Saying that real producers don't use Fruity Loops is like saying real guitarists don't buy pre-made guitars, they chop it out of wood by hand (not with an axe - that would be cheating) or that no one is playing real electronic music unless they are manually changing the patch cables on a synth the size of a house. Just because it's easier to use, doesn't mean it's any easier to make good music.

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby xTxRxAxVxIxSx » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Just because it's easier to use, doesn't mean it's any easier to make good music.

^^

Though I shouldn't be talking, hahaha. :D

Pwncore Member

Postby ny4rl4thot3p » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:43 pm

Silent Frog wrote:I don't see why people have a go at Fruity Loops for being easy and amateurish. I've just started using it and yes, it is very user-friendly, simple to use, etc. but why is that a bad thing? I used Cubase before that and the only difference I find between the two is that one is more difficult to use. Saying that real producers don't use Fruity Loops is like saying real guitarists don't buy pre-made guitars, they chop it out of wood by hand (not with an axe - that would be cheating) or that no one is playing real electronic music unless they are manually changing the patch cables on a synth the size of a house. Just because it's easier to use, doesn't mean it's any easier to make good music.

oh believe me, i've been fighting this battle since fl studio 4. i've heard just as much shit music made on fruity as i have on reason and cubase. cubase to me is more voodoo than it's worth. For some people, it's merely a matter of how fruity LOOKS, because things are different colors and the like, but personally, i find that makes it easier on me. even in ableton i colorcode everything. i'm dyslexic so labeling channels doesn't work as well as remembering pads are in pink, drums are in black, etc etc.

if you are a shit musician, you'll make shit music no matter if you're using hardware, cubase, reason, or whatever else. it's just a tool. too many people want to jump the trend wagon, or do the clique thing. some of the most amazing artists i've heard use almost exclusively fruity. it's not WHAT you use, it's HOW you use it. i'm just glad i finally found a nest of people who feel similarly about it.
<a href="http://www.soundcloud.com/nyarlathotep">"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - A. Huxley</a>

pixel mod

Postby rtificial » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:46 pm

Silent Frog wrote:I don't see why people have a go at Fruity Loops for being easy and amateurish. I've just started using it and yes, it is very user-friendly, simple to use, etc. but why is that a bad thing? I used Cubase before that and the only difference I find between the two is that one is more difficult to use. Saying that real producers don't use Fruity Loops is like saying real guitarists don't buy pre-made guitars, they chop it out of wood by hand (not with an axe - that would be cheating) or that no one is playing real electronic music unless they are manually changing the patch cables on a synth the size of a house. Just because it's easier to use, doesn't mean it's any easier to make good music.

It's probably cause it started out as a simple program, that was used to churn out quick trance/techno crap. Plus the name alone is worth giggles. Even the company try and change the name/image and make it more serious by calling it "FL studio". I tried out fruity loops years ago with verison 3 and it was VERY limiting back then and such a pain in the ass for using samples. I moved onto something else and never looked back. Since then they have made major changes to FL to cater to other types of muscians, but I think others like me are too far gone and won't come back to it.

Pwncore Member

Postby ny4rl4thot3p » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:02 am

man, version 3 didn't even have a real piano roll then.

since they added that, it's been fucking amazing. that was my only real complaint before.

well, that and the beat slicer, but there have been beat slicer plugins for a long time.

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:43 am

I love FL pure for the simple fact that i started with it, and now i finally mastered the program.(the music making not yet :P)

I dont wanna change program because now because when i have a sound in my head i kinda know how to make it in FL.

And i dont really care what other people who dont use the program say about it.

Pwncore Member

Postby ny4rl4thot3p » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:08 pm

it's kinda fun to play with other programs, just to learn something new though. that's why i picked up on trackers like buzz. :D fruity will probably be my default program for the bulk of my production untill i either die or stop making music (i'll probably die first) but i'm a geek and want to learn everything i can.

Return to Bullshit