I AM MORE HARDCORE THAN YOU

Just say whatever you want.... spam, hate on things... whatever you want. Topics deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

What is the ultimate goal of breakcore/what makes some breakcore better than other breakcore?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:29 am

popularity
No votes
commercial success
6%
"hardcore"-ness
25%
complexity
19%
innovation
34%
musicality
16%

Total votes : 32
Hardcore Member

Postby skatarrr » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 am

romantik.berserka wrote:The hardcore thing mean to lot of people use high bpm but i think it's a dead end because in the end all the song look like the same
basically all 666 BPM Stuff sound like a nearly drill thing that no one could even dance unless the smoke ketamine everyday for breakfast
Keep things at a fast but not too fast (like between 170 and 220) and make it sound actually heavy require lots of production skillz and stuff it's really complex
For example Drumcorps have a lot of awesome ideas but the production is so poor that most of the time it's not that heavy
On the other hand current value has really poor composition idea but the production is so powerfull that on a large system it blow your mind

An another example is messhuggah most of the track are at low bpm around 140 and 180 but the complexity of rythm and production make it ten thousand time harder than lots of shitty bad produced grind at 340 bpm
To sum up for me Idea and good and raw production are more hardcore than fast BPM (don't know if it's actually an english sentence lol)

Well put mate, i couldn't agree more.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:14 pm

From What I Heard Being Hardcore Was Something Like This...Being Straightedge But Also Managing To Smoke Alot Of Weed...An Asshole...Having Swallow Tattoos...Saying Things Like "This Is Our Crew Fuck You!"...Having Brutal Breakdowns...Hitting People And Thrashing Your Arms About In A Manner That Bears Similarity To Picking Up Pennies Quickly During Said Breakdowns...I Guess In A Nutshell...

I Guess Capitalizing Every Word Is Hardcore Too. :D

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:47 pm

kaneelbroodje wrote:I personally just think music shouldn't have a goal, I mean, what do you do when you have reached that goal? Call it the day? fuck that. And I do think that music gets better when the person actually have some sense of rhythm and music-sense.

thats why you make that goal unachievable. WURD

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Silent Frog wrote:Has no one here learnt rule one of Forum Conversing? DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! It's very important, people. Give them nourishment and they multiply like algae in chinese swimming pools.

@Matt Bleak: I'm sure one of the mods can help you with your self-imposed ban if you find it all too tempting to come back. They're here to help.

couldnt agree more. all that you do by being involved with e-arguing is make yourself look stupid. its like watching an old couple argue. you should just make out already.

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:54 pm

MarkyPoo wrote:From What I Heard Being Hardcore Was Something Like This...Being Straightedge But Also Managing To Smoke Alot Of Weed...An Asshole...Having Swallow Tattoos...Saying Things Like "This Is Our Crew Fuck You!"...Having Brutal Breakdowns...Hitting People And Thrashing Your Arms About In A Manner That Bears Similarity To Picking Up Pennies Quickly During Said Breakdowns...I Guess In A Nutshell...

WAT ABOUT ALL CAPS FOR CRUISE CONTROL?? ALSO HAVING DOUBLED PUNCTUATION!!

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:32 pm

MarkyPoo wrote:From What I Heard Being Hardcore Was Something Like This...Being Straightedge But Also Managing To Smoke Alot Of Weed...An Asshole...Having Swallow Tattoos...Saying Things Like "This Is Our Crew Fuck You!"...Having Brutal Breakdowns...Hitting People And Thrashing Your Arms About In A Manner That Bears Similarity To Picking Up Pennies Quickly During Said Breakdowns...I Guess In A Nutshell...

looks like you got your work cut out for you!
([agent.)]

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:36 pm

HORSE FORCE wrote:
Silent Frog wrote:Has no one here learnt rule one of Forum Conversing? DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! It's very important, people. Give them nourishment and they multiply like algae in chinese swimming pools.

@Matt Bleak: I'm sure one of the mods can help you with your self-imposed ban if you find it all too tempting to come back. They're here to help.

couldnt agree more. all that you do by being involved with e-arguing is make yourself look stupid. its like watching an old couple argue. you should just make out already.

i love watching old couples make out!
Last edited by cuttingagent on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
([agent.)]

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:11 pm

HORSE FORCE wrote:

Double Punctuation Maybe But Not Caps Lock.
Caps Lock Might As Well Be Lowercase In My View Of Hardcoreyness But Who Am I To Say Anything About Hardcore...I'm Not Hardcore At All In Fact I'm More Of A Total Pussy Than Anything.
:D

Hardcore Member

Postby kaneelbroodje » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:25 pm

MarkyPoo wrote:
HORSE FORCE wrote:

Caps Lock Might As Well Be Lowercase In My View Of Hardcoreyness But Who Am I To Say Anything About Hardcore...I'm Not Hardcore At All In Fact I'm More Of A Total Pussy Than Anything.

Dude, </3 on your typing..

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:38 pm

kaneelbroodje wrote:
MarkyPoo wrote:
HORSE FORCE wrote:

Dude, </3 on your typing..

Aw, Poor Guy :(

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby matt bleak » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 am

can't believe this thread is still active...guess its a good read :)
"Sometimes I feel like a vampire" - Ted Bundy
http://www.myspace.com/mattbleak08

n0Ob

Postby aussieCside » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:19 pm

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Now that's hardcore.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Now that's unnecessary...