I AM MORE HARDCORE THAN YOU

Just say whatever you want.... spam, hate on things... whatever you want. Topics deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

What is the ultimate goal of breakcore/what makes some breakcore better than other breakcore?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:29 am

popularity
No votes
commercial success
6%
"hardcore"-ness
25%
complexity
19%
innovation
34%
musicality
16%

Total votes : 32
Pwncore Member

Postby Anticholinergic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:01 pm

TEH BITCHES!!!!

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:33 pm

cuttingagent wrote:there was no option for "having cyber punk hair" in the poll.

haha, i will never get over yer cyber punk hair!
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:40 pm

ftb= for tha bread

the rea$on i make breakcore akshually

but for serious, the only reason people on this forum say they dont care about being hardcore is cause they will never be as hardcore as a lot of the music they enjoy. i mean, breakCORE is supposed to be core to some extent. i know that no matter how hard i try, there will always be some producers making harder shit than me, so i justify my music by saying its for my own musical development. its like a classical composer aspiring to be greater than Mozart or a painter/sculptor aspiring to be greater than Michelangelo. in a way it's futile, but in another way, its good to strive for something greater than what you think you can accomplish.

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:19 pm

Lol, drunk too(<--cocaine), i love it how this topic has spiraled out of control.

HF has a very valid point, but i gave up that shit up a long time ago though, there is always somebody harder/better, i just now like to follow my own little flow, not trying to be hard or anything.

I just LOVE to make music, too bad i can't put all the time in it that i wan't, i think most people have that problem though.

Pwncore Member

Postby Anticholinergic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:27 pm

HORSE FORCE wrote:but for serious, the only reason people on this forum say they dont care about being hardcore is cause they will never be as hardcore as a lot of the music they enjoy.

maybe so, maybe not but the truth is that there is no such thing as THE BEST PRODUCER OR THE MOST HARDCORE PRODUCER OR THE MOST INTELLIGENT OR THE MOST DEEPER etc. everybody has completely different views on hardcore and stuff....and that's why you CAN be as hardcore as the music you enjoy to someone. too subjective.

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:04 pm

producer_snafu wrote:
cuttingagent wrote:there was no option for "having cyber punk hair" in the poll.

haha, i will never get over yer cyber punk hair!

right now it's black with blue and purple tints, devil bangs in the front and seriously POOFY in the back. i think i'm growin a gawth fro.

i wanna watch hackers.
([agent.)]

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:23 pm

HORSE FORCE wrote:but for serious

I don't know why (maybe it's because of Zoolander), but I love this phrase!

n3wb

Postby romantik.berserka » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 pm

The hardcore thing mean to lot of people use high bpm but i think it's a dead end because in the end all the song look like the same
basically all 666 BPM Stuff sound like a nearly drill thing that no one could even dance unless the smoke ketamine everyday for breakfast
Keep things at a fast but not too fast (like between 170 and 220) and make it sound actually heavy require lots of production skillz and stuff it's really complex
For example Drumcorps have a lot of awesome ideas but the production is so poor that most of the time it's not that heavy
On the other hand current value has really poor composition idea but the production is so powerfull that on a large system it blow your mind

An another example is messhuggah most of the track are at low bpm around 140 and 180 but the complexity of rythm and production make it ten thousand time harder than lots of shitty bad produced grind at 340 bpm
To sum up for me Idea and good and raw production are more hardcore than fast BPM (don't know if it's actually an english sentence lol)

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 pm

You're right, everything is relative. everything is in the eyes of the beholder, my mother thinks speedcore is hard but if i talk to a random hobo down the street he probably thinks tiesto is hard (go figure)

You know my point?, never talk to strangers when your hobo looking mother is near.. :roll:

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:10 am

romantik.berserka wrote:The hardcore thing mean to lot of people use high bpm but i think it's a dead end because in the end all the song look like the same
basically all 666 BPM Stuff sound like a nearly drill thing that no one could even dance unless the smoke ketamine everyday for breakfast
Keep things at a fast but not too fast (like between 170 and 220) and make it sound actually heavy require lots of production skillz and stuff it's really complex
For example Drumcorps have a lot of awesome ideas but the production is so poor that most of the time it's not that heavy
On the other hand current value has really poor composition idea but the production is so powerfull that on a large system it blow your mind

An another example is messhuggah most of the track are at low bpm around 140 and 180 but the complexity of rythm and production make it ten thousand time harder than lots of shitty bad produced grind at 340 bpm
To sum up for me Idea and good and raw production are more hardcore than fast BPM (don't know if it's actually an english sentence lol)

amen. totally.

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:16 am

Anticholinergic wrote:
HORSE FORCE wrote:but for serious, the only reason people on this forum say they dont care about being hardcore is cause they will never be as hardcore as a lot of the music they enjoy.

maybe so, maybe not but the truth is that there is no such thing as THE BEST PRODUCER OR THE MOST HARDCORE PRODUCER OR THE MOST INTELLIGENT OR THE MOST DEEPER etc. everybody has completely different views on hardcore and stuff....and that's why you CAN be as hardcore as the music you enjoy to someone. too subjective.

you can say that being hardcore is subjective, and i'll agree with you. but then if hardcore is subjective, i will still argue that even by someone's own definition, its nearly impossible to be more hardcore than the producers that they idolize. for example, if youre a german hardcore drum and bass producer, i bet you would find it very hard to make more harcore music than current value. if youre a breaky-breakcore producer, then its hard to make more harcore music than venetian snares or dev-null. if you could do these things, i would be listening to your music instead of theirs, which i think says a lot about the general awareness of the hardcore music scene.

you can argue that you make your music for your own enjoyment, but i like to think that i make music for a greater audience that already has a set idea of what is hardcore and what isnt. i like the challenge of creating music that will make a large audience wet with pleasure, so in many ways i agree with Matt Bleak (even though he's a barbarian.) I think that in a genre like breakcore, if you truly are doing something innovative, people will pick up on your stuff.

so in many ways, thinking about hardcore as being a relative or subjective concept is really just an excuse so you can call your shitty music hardcore. (not you specifically, the general you)

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:23 am

Sorry that i have to say it, but you know, you really tring to enforce how you feel about the subject.

I really don't feel the way about it you feel, and i think you are trying to talk for a too large audience/demographic, then you think.

Really no offence mate, i like horses in a non bestialic way....

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:23 am

romantik.berserka wrote:The hardcore thing mean to lot of people use high bpm but i think it's a dead end because in the end all the song look like the same

i think speedcore is boring. drumcorps is a good idea, but only a few of his tracks are executed well. he definitely overcompresses his stuff, which makes his tracks sound quieter than they could sound if he knew his head from his ass when it came to mixing. its probably cause the dude is deaf, just like most other performing breakcore artists.

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:26 am

i think it's because he uses ableton live. doesn't work well for that type of stuff imo.

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:28 am

Really ignoring me arent you...

PreviousNext

Return to Bullshit