SAPM, EH!?

Just say whatever you want.... spam, hate on things... whatever you want. Topics deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

SAPM, EH!?

Postby tinlv7 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 pm

I wonder if there's a "clean" breakcore subculture.
Like straightedge from punk, only... exactly that.
Because, most of the stuff I see on this forum is about secks. And pr0n. And... the freaky-ass (literally) default avatars we all have.

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Shiftplus were from my hometown and they were sXe-vegan. Alec Empire is sXe I believe.... F_noise had a track called "I'm Straight Edge"
That's all I can think of.

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:18 am

fuck off!

how you gonna go to a breakcore show sober?
\((( "D )))/ Yay clouds! ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁ ☁

CoreCore Member

Postby birth control » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:29 am

Pwncall Member

Postby Gostek » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:38 am

Breakcore is beyond subcultures
duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Gostek wrote:Breakcore is beyond subcultures

Too bad your mother is not.

Pwncall Member

Postby Gostek » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:45 am

You know how to hurt people ;)
duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:17 pm

I am a natural.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:15 pm

A Band I'm In Has A Song Called "We're Not Straightedge We're Just Pussies" But I Don't Think Any Of Us Are Straightedge.
I Don't Necessarily Take Part In The Consumption Of Drugs.
But I Don't Have Problem With It.
I'm Just A Lame Mama's Boy. :(

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:01 pm

The difference between punk and breakcore is that punks had to be as subversive as their music. If you were in a punk band or went to a punk gig and didn't dress like a punk and drink and take speed and smash shit, you weren't a punk. Punks are some of the most narrow-minded people I know. That's why the straight-edge scene came about as separate from punk; the two were seen as mutually exclusive. Breakcore on the other hand is not like that at all. Breakcore is the anti-genre, it does not entail any dress code or social sub-group or subversiveness. This may of course follow and usually with breakcore you find many like-minded people but that is because they enjoy the same music, not because they are from the same social group. So there is no need for a straight-edge scene in breakcore as it would still be encompassed by the whole.

Hates Breakcore

Postby Thallium » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Silent Frog wrote:Breakcore is the anti-genre, it does not entail any dress code

You been to a breakcore show? Almost everyone looks like a thrift store threw up on them.

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Thallium wrote:You been to a breakcore show? Almost everyone looks like a thrift store threw up on them.

Last edited by weyheyhey !! on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Thallium wrote:
Silent Frog wrote:Breakcore is the anti-genre, it does not entail any dress code

You been to a breakcore show? Almost everyone looks like a thrift store threw up on them.

I agree with Weyheyhey. The only nights I've ever noticed some kind of dress code are gabba and speedcore nights that come from an industrial/hardcore background where everyone just wears Cyberdog and have fluorescent dreads. Don't know about Australia but these sort of nights are quite uncommon in the UK when compared to breakcore coming from the jungle and rave scene. These nights are on the whole very diverse and people from all backgrounds and fashions are represented.

Pwner

Postby Babylon Disco » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:40 am

In sweden I've rarely seen a dresscode at gigs, but then again we have very few here. At hardcore/speedcore-shows there is a certain dresscode, true, but it doesn't affect breakcore (yet)
The worst I've seen are a bunch of faggy emos hanging around more popular pop-acts such as Revolt 64 and related richboy-crap.

Hell, I've never went to a show without my suit and tie. Fuck subcultures.

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:45 am

i got back from schizophrenia 3 a few weeks ago and that show was a pretty interesting blend of people. of course theres always gonna be the people who think hardcore means wearing black and having tattoos, and other old ravers, who wear their fuzzy neon clothes. i saw both subcultures at this show and more. me and my buddies came in our regular clothes, which we got mostly from target. not only were there different syles of clothes, but there was also a wide range of ages that were there. i met this guy who had to be in his 40s that helped doormouse record his first record and helped found addict records. pretty interesting dude.

i think most of the people who listen to breakcore actually enjoy it, because its definitely not cool to like breakcore, especially in the midwestern united states.

Return to Bullshit