Adderall

Just say whatever you want.... spam, hate on things... whatever you want. Topics deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

Adderall

Postby timmit » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:41 am

I don't feel like making an account for a different forum.

Anyone know how citric acid reacts with Adderall?

Wikipedia tells me "Urinary and stomach pH levels can have the strongest effect on DL-amphetamine excretion and absorption. Co-administration of acidic substances (e.g. citric acid) causes an accelerated excretion of DL-amphetamine while co-administration of alkaline agents (e.g. antacids) causes a marked increase in both retention and absorption of amphetamines potentially resulting in dangerously high serum amphetamine levels."

And what I get from that is that If I consume citric acid, the Adderall won't be as potent. And if I eat a Tums the absorption will be increased making it more intense and last longer.
(Tell me if I am wrong.)

But someone also told me that citric acid makes you crabby when you come down, and I read it some where too. I've always went by this just in case, even though I can't remember where I read it and it was just something someone told me, so it could be wrong.

But I ask because I have recently discovered the glory of smoothie making and since Adderall decreases your appetite, I have decided drinking blended fruit is a good alternative to not eating all day. So I decided to ask if anyone knows for sure, or what they think and stuff, 'cause I don't like feeling blah and crabby.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby Silent Frog » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:46 am

Googled and got this: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32106 which basically answers all your questions.

Some pharmaceutical amphetamines contain citric acid as it affects uptake speed. If you want to know more, just ask your doctor (assuming it is legally prescribed).

Return to Bullshit