Americans are Electronic-music-retarded

Just say whatever you want.... spam, hate on things... whatever you want. Topics deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Am I right?

or am I right?
2
7%
no you're wrong.
2
7%
you're right, horse man.
21
75%
I LUV AMERICA. LOL WUT?
3
11%
 
Total votes : 28
The Horse Lord!
User avatar
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Killwaukee, Wisconsin

Americans are Electronic-music-retarded

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:42 pm

heres an article i wrote addressing the american population about how stupid they are when it comes to electronic music. i know more than a few of you will appreciate my rant.

here it is in its original context http://tinyurl.com/mn4s8s
i would post it here, but the links wont work.

it is a bit TL;DR, but its worth it. trust the horse.

remember it is addressing american hipsters who claim to know things about music.

enjoy!

1337 P0ZT3r
User avatar
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:00 am
Location: California

Postby fap* » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:15 pm

.

the hipster kids seem to like 'blog house' or whatever the internet says is cool. which always seems a few years behind the curve on what is really going on. the music seems to be vaguely electronic, but so is everything else these days. lady gaga is about as close to electronica as america gets, even in its dance charts.

americans in general are always 'late to the party' when it comes to music.

.
.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::fap*:::::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

.

teh_pwner
Posts: 793
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:00 am

Postby S2K08 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:34 pm

urgh, read the last line, it was good.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

The Horse Lord!
User avatar
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Killwaukee, Wisconsin

Postby HORSE FORCE » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:08 pm

fap* wrote:.

the hipster kids seem to like 'blog house' or whatever the internet says is cool. which always seems a few years behind the curve on what is really going on. the music seems to be vaguely electronic, but so is everything else these days. lady gaga is about as close to electronica as america gets, even in its dance charts.

americans in general are always 'late to the party' when it comes to music.

.


lady gaga is hot. thats why america likes her. i think hip hop is going house. if you dont believe me, check out the new black eyed peas record. its pretty house-y. also kanye has been cranking out some pretty house-y stuff lately. might be those damn annoying house bloogers.

1337 P0ZT3r
User avatar
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Tri-State

Postby SweetPeaPod » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:19 pm

Yes. you are right horseMan. i didn't take it too much as a rant. you can tell it was meant to 'guide' some young'ns/and or dumb americans. i'm american, but would never ever call myself typical in that sense.
As soon as i got my hands on some real music like minor threat, dead kennedys, gorilla biscuits, operation ivy, black flag 'n such(when i was in like 4th/5th grade... and i know none of them are electronic......) i halted all radio listening. it was/is all shit! except for 88.3 ny/nj which is a dope dope jazz station :D. in a sense i stopped all media induced music listening. anything i've liked to this day is because of a friend giving me music, or just going to a random show. now, taking it upon myself to search the wonderful wonderful internent.
Really, it's the fucking radio stations, and the goddamn record labels fucking deciding what the heard is gonna hear. damn it all to fuking hell. so, where i don't really want to defend americans, i'd just like to make the statement that..... for the most part, we are in the dark, and giant sucky forces rule this country in ways that would give Hitler nightmares.

HorseForce for President!......of media
good topic

n3wb
User avatar
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:00 am

Postby scallywagger » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:41 am

lame pop up comes up
cant read it


:idea: :roll: :cry: :x :shock:

The Horse Lord!
User avatar
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Killwaukee, Wisconsin

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:24 am

SweetPeaPod wrote:Yes. you are right horseMan. i didn't take it too much as a rant. you can tell it was meant to 'guide' some young'ns/and or dumb americans. i'm american, but would never ever call myself typical in that sense.
As soon as i got my hands on some real music like minor threat, dead kennedys, gorilla biscuits, operation ivy, black flag 'n such(when i was in like 4th/5th grade... and i know none of them are electronic......) i halted all radio listening. it was/is all shit! except for 88.3 ny/nj which is a dope dope jazz station :D. in a sense i stopped all media induced music listening. anything i've liked to this day is because of a friend giving me music, or just going to a random show. now, taking it upon myself to search the wonderful wonderful internent.
Really, it's the fucking radio stations, and the goddamn record labels fucking deciding what the heard is gonna hear. damn it all to fuking hell. so, where i don't really want to defend americans, i'd just like to make the statement that..... for the most part, we are in the dark, and giant sucky forces rule this country in ways that would give Hitler nightmares.

HorseForce for President!......of media
good topic


haha amen my brother. i wouldnt mind president of media. i want to expose people to what they really need to hear. rattle their brains in their skulls a bit instead of drugging them. having them break out of their sheeplike roles to pursue something deeper and more human. honestly, id rather be a hunter-gatherer nomad with a drum than sit in a cubicle any day. i feel like im not the only one either...

1337 P0ZT3r
User avatar
Posts: 675
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Tri-State

Postby SweetPeaPod » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:42 am

ha ha nice. word, well i feel a bit more free in my job. i spackle. so i get to play with mud and throw knives, and walk stilts all day while listening to music and ocasionally yum yum smoke the herb some.... yeah, i'm a dirty construction worker... it's cool tho. i get to straight up yell at people that piss me off rather than have that 'passive aggressive' bullshit behavior.. a punch in the face is much more accepted at my job :D

The Horse Lord!
User avatar
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Killwaukee, Wisconsin

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:58 am

construction workers are more human than most people i see on the subway every morning. at least you get to use your hands for more than typing and wacking off in the men's room...

Hardcore Member
User avatar
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The Pitt, PA

Postby DJ Dijitol Junkey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:01 am

HORSE FORCE wrote:haha amen my brother.


First off, don't you mean Amen Brother break beat?? Or is that not cool any more?
Second off, yer gahd damn rite us 'mericans er dumb. I mean who the fuck else would get a saying like "Git er done" to be hot shit? I hate america and I hate the people here. But as for an over all party scene, we've got a pretty hot one going in pittsburgh. I mean, we have xanopticon, duran duran duran has been through several times, Drumc0rps was here and we even Doormouse come and get kicked out of one of our bars!
To quote a rapper, "Fuck the state of hip-hop, I hate rap..." All those radio-fucks can suck dick. Hip-hop changed when it white people started liking it. It became a way to exploit the marketability the hood. It's fucked up. Famous shit is bitch. Straight up. If one day breakcore gets bigger than it is, that shit will turn bitch too. (It is big, I don't care what you say, it's almost pop) Everything sucks.
P.S. ever run by Pittsburgh, we have a really good 88.3 as well. It's run by Carnegie Mellon University and those fuckers are nuts! I've heard everything I like from Cannibal Corpse to Aphex Twin to some dope ass jazz on that station. It's good times.

Supah No0b
User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:00 am

Postby Spawn9 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:26 am

DJ Dijitol Junkey wrote:
HORSE FORCE wrote:haha amen my brother.


First off, don't you mean Amen Brother break beat?? Or is that not cool any more?
Second off, yer gahd damn rite us 'mericans er dumb. I mean who the fuck else would get a saying like "Git er done" to be hot shit? I hate america and I hate the people here. But as for an over all party scene, we've got a pretty hot one going in pittsburgh. I mean, we have xanopticon, duran duran duran has been through several times, Drumc0rps was here and we even Doormouse come and get kicked out of one of our bars!
To quote a rapper, "Fuck the state of hip-hop, I hate rap..." All those radio-fucks can suck dick. Hip-hop changed when it white people started liking it. It became a way to exploit the marketability the hood. It's fucked up. Famous shit is bitch. Straight up. If one day breakcore gets bigger than it is, that shit will turn bitch too. (It is big, I don't care what you say, it's almost pop) Everything sucks.
P.S. ever run by Pittsburgh, we have a really good 88.3 as well. It's run by Carnegie Mellon University and those fuckers are nuts! I've heard everything I like from Cannibal Corpse to Aphex Twin to some dope ass jazz on that station. It's good times.


I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Yeah it's no wonder the world hates us and see's as retards....gotta get the fuck out of here. I'm thinking Vancouver or Berlin :D Good post...

n3wb
User avatar
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Warren, MI, USA

Postby attackoftheflyingpope » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:15 am

HORSE FORCE wrote:
SweetPeaPod wrote:Yes. you are right horseMan. i didn't take it too much as a rant. you can tell it was meant to 'guide' some young'ns/and or dumb americans. i'm american, but would never ever call myself typical in that sense.
As soon as i got my hands on some real music like minor threat, dead kennedys, gorilla biscuits, operation ivy, black flag 'n such(when i was in like 4th/5th grade... and i know none of them are electronic......) i halted all radio listening. it was/is all shit! except for 88.3 ny/nj which is a dope dope jazz station :D. in a sense i stopped all media induced music listening. anything i've liked to this day is because of a friend giving me music, or just going to a random show. now, taking it upon myself to search the wonderful wonderful internent.
Really, it's the fucking radio stations, and the goddamn record labels fucking deciding what the heard is gonna hear. damn it all to fuking hell. so, where i don't really want to defend americans, i'd just like to make the statement that..... for the most part, we are in the dark, and giant sucky forces rule this country in ways that would give Hitler nightmares.

HorseForce for President!......of media
good topic


haha amen my brother. i wouldnt mind president of media. i want to expose people to what they really need to hear. rattle their brains in their skulls a bit instead of drugging them. having them break out of their sheeplike roles to pursue something deeper and more human. honestly, id rather be a hunter-gatherer nomad with a drum than sit in a cubicle any day. i feel like im not the only one either...


I actually am going to live by urban hunting and gathering after high school. Hopefully.
myspace.com/attackoftheflyingpope

n3wb
User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:00 am

Postby Foxdye » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 am

DJ BLOG HOUSE

Most Valuable Poster!
Posts: 866
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:00 am
Location: Orange County CA

Postby divtech » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:15 am

attackoftheflyingpope wrote:
I actually am going to live by urban hunting and gathering after high school. Hopefully.


that just sounds like a euphemism for cannibalism and shoplifting

in which case i'm in

Supah No0b
User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:00 am

Postby bokerock » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Too true Mr Horse Force.

Next

Return to Bullshit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests