Please check me out and tell me what you think!

Discuss Independent artists.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb
Average track rating:
4.5/5 out of 2 votes

Postby Marcanta » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:26 am

Mad props concidering your age and time spent, little man! I couldn't do shit when I was 15 so you're way ahead of most people. I'd like to hear you in a couple of years when you've had time to explore what you do more. Keep up!
BrutalKött

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:37 am

Thallium wrote:Moved your thread to the MySpace whoring section (independent). :)

lol

avisupchurch wrote:
hue-e wrote:yeah, gonna have to agree with silent frog on this one.

I always wondered why vsnares is usually always the first artist someone spats out when asked "best breakcore artist."

I mean, yeah, the guy writes cool tunes, but what about people like duran duran duran, xanopticon (sp?), rotator, drumcorps, bong ra, pisstank, maladroit, ladyscraper, ablecane, chris fringeli, and so many others I can't rattle off cause I just woke up.

but yeah, there's so many more then vsnares.

The biggest problem with vsnares, aside from his reputation as a big jerk and all that, in my opinion, is that his quality is so inconsistent.... about 60% of his material is pretty much unlistenable as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, he's the big name-brand guy that everyone's familiar with, or has at least heard of. There's plenty of reasons to not like him. However, he's got about a dozen tracks or so that, to my ears, come pretty close to perfection, in regard to sound design, structure and musicality... all in a style that's quite unique. I don't know what it means to say that someone is the "best" producer of a given genre, that's really tough to quantify, objectively or even subjectively. But having listened to a lot of what's out there, I'm still perfectly comfortable saying that he has some of the best tracks the genre has to offer.

That said, listen to as much diverse shit as you can, then come back with your own opinion. :D

more vsnares hatin'

seems to me like there should be a whole forum for reasons why vsnares isnt the man, or maybe we should change this site's name to "i hate venetian snares." i guess it would lose it's irony tho...

Hardcore Member

Postby Perceptiko » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:39 am

Previous

Return to Independent