Kvist records - noise, breakcore, acid, other...

Discuss Independent artists.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n0Ob

Kvist records - noise, breakcore, acid, other...

Postby Hob » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:22 am

Kvist Records - St. Louis, MO - www.twigmedia.net

Kvist001 - John Tamm-Buckle - untitled 12"
Kvist002 - Raglani - Web Of Light LP
Kvist003 - EOD - untitled 8 track EP (out soon)
Kvist004 - JD Emmanuel - Solid Dawn CD (out in a bit)

Press:

for Kvist001:

"... what we have here is a damn good idm record ... now ; before you immediately flee off in the other direction let me clarify a few (important) points ::
1). before this i hadn’t heard a single idm record in about 3 years that i’ve considered stocking via mms. i know that people are out there doing great work in private, but the sheer glut of aoleton™ live / anonymous sample-library crap that’s been flooding the market has all but wiped out any trace of forward momentum in what many consider “a dead scene” ... this is so not that ...
2). what we do get here : two just insanely detailed post-venetian snares sound-research oriented digital breakcore epics (every bar rich with non-linear detail, impeccably edited / produced ... exremely dancefloor unfriendly) - plus an early afx / µ-ziq-esque “for the ladies” melody-weeper - then a pretty stellar electro-acoustic construct built out of recordings of ice sliding across a frozen lake ...
so ... if you still have a bit of the fondness for this sort of hyper-short-attention-span rhythmic cut-up anti-dance-music - you really can’t do much better than this ... lovely clear-orange pressing, pretty much un-distributed outside of the stl ..." - Keith Fullerton Whitman, www.mimaroglumusicsales.com

"Untitled 12” EP (Kvist). OH GREAT, BREAKCORE. LIKE TODAY CAN’T GET ANY WORSE. 250 copies, gold vinyl" - www.dustedmagazine.com

For Kvist002:

"april 2008 release ; i had heard a bit of joe raglani’s music c/o the releases he’s sent over on his pegasus farms label & the split w/mike shiflet’s scenic railroads, but a prescient concert promoter (kvist’s john tamm-buckle) had the foresight to put us on the same bill in the stl a few months back & i got the chance to sit & give his music my full attention ... needless to say i was considerably impressed with the range & depth of sounds he managed to conjure up from a table covered in antique & modern electronic sound-producing apparatus - harsh & unforgiving, but never letting the proceedings dip into a miasma of definition-free overload ... he kept the reins close at hand & the music thrived because of it ...
the next day a bunch of us were driving around on a particularly grim / grey sunday morning when john put on an unlabeled cd-r - plaintive, mainly pedal-steel based instrumentals ; nothing at all like the eno / b.j. cole collaborations but still suffused with sparkling electronics & a warm tonal bed ... sure enough, this was joe’s other side, recorded in the wee hours after marathon shifts tending bar as the city slept ...
flash forward a few months and here’s the first of what will hopefully be a long string of records by joe - this one nestled firmly between his two sides ; the pastoral minimalism of aggregate acoustic guitar patterns & whisper-quiet vocals comfortably adjoining thick swarms of analog drone & mysterious electro-acoustic activities - at once invigorating yet with a deeply ingrained sense of melancholy ...
joe’s on my short-list of people for whom i have high hopes (there’s an album on kranky coming in the near future) - seriously, don’t miss this one ..." - Keith Fullerton Whitman, www.mimaroglumusicsales.com

"Intense carpets of swirling digital noise, guitar armies of sublimated drone, and tape cut-up choral patches for one epic release. So big it’s got credits like a film (and really, who knows who was actually on this) but a good third of the prime movers in today’s noise scene are name-checked in here, so Raglani’s at least got the connections to “make the myths,” as an out-of-touch old man once said. Pulverizing." - www.dustedmagazine.com

Supah No0b

Postby karyane » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 pm

hello

Three Poster

Postby Vale » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:01 am

Sounds promising, I'll check this out later when i'm not all effed up.

Return to Independent