Postby MarkyPoo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:43 pm

baconhanger wrote:
MarkyPoo wrote:
baconhanger wrote:know what i mean?

No. I Hate Eggs.

coming to the chicago show next month?

Why Do You Want To Fight?
baconhanger wrote:
MarkyPoo wrote:This Will Be The First Breakcore Show I've Attended That I Wasn't Playing At.
I Hope I'll Hate It.

i will make sure you hate it.

Now It's Alllllll Ruined.
Now That I Know You Are Trying To Make Me Hate It I'll Just Be Skeptical About Whether Or Not ,If It Had Gone Untampered, I Would Really Hate It.
Second Thoughts About Going Initiated.

I Also Love Using FL.
Especially When I Reformat The Plugs So They Just Have Pictures Of Me Everywhere....God I Love Me.

Breakcore Member

Postby baconhanger » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:28 pm

MarkyPoo wrote:
baconhanger wrote:
MarkyPoo wrote:
baconhanger wrote:know what i mean?

No. I Hate Eggs.

coming to the chicago show next month?

Why Do You Want To Fight?
baconhanger wrote:
MarkyPoo wrote:This Will Be The First Breakcore Show I've Attended That I Wasn't Playing At.
I Hope I'll Hate It.

i will make sure you hate it.

Now It's Alllllll Ruined.
Now That I Know You Are Trying To Make Me Hate It I'll Just Be Skeptical About Whether Or Not ,If It Had Gone Untampered, I Would Really Hate It.
Second Thoughts About Going Initiated.

I Also Love Using FL.
Especially When I Reformat The Plugs So They Just Have Pictures Of Me Everywhere....God I Love Me.

i might have to throw things at people, especially those who dance like idiots.

you should go anyways, dr butcher is the shit. dr butcher IS indiana breakcore, period. HAS been since the mid 90's.

fucking go.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Meh D Butch Hasn't Really Been My Thing.
I'm Still Going.
I'm Not Cool Enough To Dance.
Maybe Some Vogue Here And There.
But Not Dance.

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:07 pm

i used to use fl, its good but i like ableton much better

now i mainly use fl for some of the synths, like the wasp, that thing is a badass chiptune creator

Breakcore Member

Postby baconhanger » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:09 am

divtech wrote:i used to use fl, its good but i like ableton much better

now i mainly use fl for some of the synths, like the wasp, that thing is a badass chiptune creator

rewire?

Three Poster

Postby torb » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:48 pm

fl is awesome.

1337 P0ZT3r

Postby MarkyPoo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:41 pm

torb wrote:fl is awesome.

I Love Florida Too.

CoreCore Member

Postby JonBob » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:12 am

Heh. It's prrty aaight. srsly, my firend is always trying to convert me to ableton, n im like

wtf bro, If I thought I was being held back I'd switch, but this program gives me what I need, a sequencer, piano roll, mxing board, all the basics.

anyone that thinks fl is useless never got past the stock plugins. and stock plugins form any program are weak cuz all of a sudden your choice of prog is having a influence on your sound.

Three Poster

Postby logosamphia » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:00 am

i have been using FL for quite some years, started with FL V.1.0 (wich was such a small program that it diddnt even fit your whole monitorscreen LOL) you could not even use any vst´s O_o but i´ve been building my way up with the program and currently working with fruity 7...
heres my sound:http://ihatebreakcore.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3419

Postby Nibiru » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:29 am

divtech wrote:i used to use fl, its good but i like ableton much better

ReFx's QuadraSID is the most badass chip emulator plugin IMO. It's basically a synth made out of four chip emulator's, with envelopes, an arpeggiator, all of that sort of synth stuff.

I use FL, but not exclusively. Ableton and trackers are both useful. I'd like to learn Sony AcidPro, but right now I don't have the space to put in more programs. The thing about FL that I like the most is the nice, compact piano roll interface.

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:28 am

i like piano roll type stuff too. havent got into trackers yet. i still use reason for sequencing, mostly cause all i need is a piano roll and a sampler. i am musically trained, so the piano is a natural interface for me.

the sampler in reason is awesome cause you can adjust every perameter on every sample. there is also a compressor/limiter built into the summing bus that is handy candy.

i dont use any vsts when producing. id rather bring individual samples into some other software and edit them/effect them there, then have my sequencer just for sequencing. any stutters are programmed, not done using Glitch or any of those cheater plugins :wink:

im still working on my live setup. for that, im fucking with ableton 7. live breakcore is a whole different animal. especially because i want to improvise live and not just dj my shit and use live plugins like 90% of breakcore artists.

n3wb

Postby cats » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:13 am

haha, i'm the exact opposite. piano roll feels really weird and almost kinda confuses me, and i have no prior music background other than fucking with a guitar for a few years. and i use renoise. siiigh.

but yeah, piano roll breakcore is pretty hardcore imo, idk how you do it. gotta have a tracker up in this house.

Postby Nibiru » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:40 am

HORSE FORCE wrote:i like piano roll type stuff too. havent got into trackers yet. i still use reason for sequencing, mostly cause all i need is a piano roll and a sampler. i am musically trained, so the piano is a natural interface for me.

the sampler in reason is awesome cause you can adjust every perameter on every sample. there is also a compressor/limiter built into the summing bus that is handy candy.

i dont use any vsts when producing. id rather bring individual samples into some other software and edit them/effect them there, then have my sequencer just for sequencing. any stutters are programmed, not done using Glitch or any of those cheater plugins :wink:

im still working on my live setup. for that, im fucking with ableton 7. live breakcore is a whole different animal. especially because i want to improvise live and not just dj my shit and use live plugins like 90% of breakcore artists.

Trackers can be confusing or not, depending on who you are. I prefer the piano roll interface. Some people do some killer break edits using Acid, which is a totally bizarre interface compared to everything else.

A built-in compressor/limiter on the sampler? That sounds cool. I've never used Reason at all. I use vsts a little bit while producing but I do work with a lot more sampled stuff than lots of other people seem to, in order to take the load off my CPU. I also like to apply certain effects onto breaks outside of the sequencer and sequence the resulting wavs. But some things I prefer not to automate, like filters on drums. I like to do that with a slider, while the track is running. I usually record audio in real time, tweaking and turning on/off effects instead of automating everything and rendering to audio from data. But a lot of what I make is more on the jungle side of things.

I think a nice trigger pad and sliderbox would be good for live stuff using ableton. I've wanted to get into putting together a glitch music thing using various synths and effects in ableton for a while, but the only computer I have fast enough to take it is a desktop, so I've been waiting until I have a proper computer and a different midi device (mine right now is a keyboard controller)

Previous

Return to Independent