breakcore in south fl

Discuss Independent artists.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Supah No0b

breakcore in south fl

Postby overlord » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:33 am

There is no scene out here for the head strong. Even playing a set of hard dnb you begin to see the floor clearing. I need to go back up north!

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby Lycan » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:18 pm

I feel your pain, indeed.

Postby Neppi » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:33 pm

you just need to market your sound to people other than eurotrash club junkies

Breakcore Member

Postby V.E.G.A » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Maybe if you dig just deep enough into miami, you'll find something really good, maybe like an art act, or a costume party! Breakcore can be found even under a rock! :P09

Three Poster

Postby P4DL0CK » Sun May 04, 2008 11:50 pm

You think south FL is bad, try smack in the middle of the boondocks that is Deltona. Most remote (musically) city in Florida. NO ONE listens to anything I like. :cry:
<a href="http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc216/lala_land_spirit/?action=view¤t=yaoilover1.jpg"></a>
<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e309/ghostoflife4land/?action=view¤t=breakcore.jpg"></a>

Hardcore Member

Postby egr » Mon May 05, 2008 1:15 am

V.E.G.A wrote:Maybe if you dig just deep enough into miami, you'll find something really good, maybe like an art act, or a costume party! Breakcore can be found even under a rock! :P09

True. I'm pretty much right on the Kentucky/Tennesse border and there's fans around (not that I would necessarily want to hang out with them :wink: ). Not a "scene" in any sense of the word but even the college radio station is catching on to more intense electronics.

Supah No0b

Postby Psycore@Paranoia » Sun May 11, 2008 1:18 pm

8) no

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:31 am

i don't feel sorry for any of you, mainly because i have felt that way for the longest.

sucks liking a genre that people can't tolerate, and it's not like it's that fucked up, it's just that people are too closed minded to appreciate hard breaks and such.

n3wb

Postby ObsoleteSystems » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:52 am

Dude in miami there's a few places that book breakcore and IDM producers

get in touch with Doormouse (dm@addictrecords.com) and he'll give you the names of a few places. Try where i live, Orlando. It's so dead here on anything outside of hiphop or raggaton it's sickening.

You get something going in Miami let me know, i'll come out and either show or play. hit my e-mail (obsoletesystems@gmail.com) and if i have anything going on in Orlando, if you're willing to make the trek i'll hook you up with some stuff.

but i know for sure that a club called Churchill's Pub (5501 NE 2nd Ave. Miami FL) books alot of the IDM/Breakcore/Laptop shows...i've gone there with dan and saw a live IDM act. So, ja, check them out.

But definately hit me up, Miami's not THAT far (only about what, 2 1/2 hours?) I'm trying to get a scene going around Orlando, just been playing opening acts for metal bands and such, but it's a step.

later,
o.sys

Three Poster

Postby strangelet » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:32 am

hello. i have lived in central florida awhile and the scene isn't too bad here for electronic music. alot of people live in gainesville where there was a small scene, and there are good artists like uh oh spades and yip-yip in tampa and orlando. i guess most of my friends are scattered though. i assume you need to go up north or to the west to have a good concentration of people who enjoy this type of music.

Return to Independent