making breakcore

Discuss Independent artists.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:08 am

avisupchurch wrote:
grobizz wrote:I'm gonna try to make breakcore on reason...this the software I use for 4 years now. it would be a great challenge for me to try this.

you have no idea (about how much of a challenge)

make sure you at least use reason 4... the sequencer is much much better suited for breakcore

man the sequencer may be kinda shitty, but all the routing options are amazing. you should see the back of the racks on some of my reason projects. :twisted: also the ability to string a shitload of nnxt's together in a combinator and have them all controlled with the same midi data is a great feature. if reason ever allowed vst's and individual pitch shifting for midi values, it would be the perfect tool for breakcore.

The Horse Lord!

Postby HORSE FORCE » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:11 am

if you guys would ever be down, i'd like to see how other people set up reason in order to make breakcore. maybe we could trade reason files or something.

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:16 am

I like the self-contained nature of Reason. i would like to try it one day for something, not breakcore though. you can't beat a tracker for breakcore :)

n3wb

Postby NovaTeryx » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:12 am

I'm trying Reason, but mostly I've been using FL studio, :?

then again, I do more rave than anything else

Hardcore Member

Postby Traitor » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:58 am

I've tried both, stuck with Fruityloops for is sheer simplicity, like playing with audio lego...

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:31 am

I use Fruity loops too, it be willin to share .fl files. :D

And i like to see others too to see how the do it. 8)

Because at breakcore i still kinda suck :)

Maximum Pwnrdrive

Postby vank » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:07 pm

reason is GREAT. I find it great at least. real easy to lay down ideas. the routing options I agree are insane. I wish audio recording and vst support was there though. I use alot of nn19's and dr.rex instruments. I havnt upgraded to reason 4 yet though.

Postby crackbeats » Mon May 05, 2008 6:22 pm

vank wrote: I wish audio recording and vst support was there though. I use alot of nn19's and dr.rex instruments.

Direct audio recording in Reason would make all the difference!!

I've just got reason 4 But I got to admit I got kinda irritated with the way they changed the drawing of blocks in the main screen. You now have to exactly draw the block accectly as long as you want to programm in it. If you're programming longer abnd make the block biger it overlaps the next one. Reason 2.5 didn't have that. (hope the story makes sense)

For writing the music in blocks I still prefer reason 2.5.

Breakcore Member

Postby V.E.G.A » Tue May 06, 2008 8:33 pm

Im stuck with Reason to make breakcore. Only do screen records, minimize the file, play it in the NX-NT sampler, cut it smaller and create the wrost drums ever.

Supah No0b

Postby SepticInsurgent » Tue May 13, 2008 1:32 am

kind of a difficult one, usually start off by assembling some breaks from individual hits, trying as hard as possible not to rinse the amen break, at least TOO much. originality is pretty tough to pull off effectively. I suggest first taking acid, making breakcore on acid is amazing.

although in no way do I condone the use of drugs, of course =)

Elite!

Postby cuttingagent » Fri May 16, 2008 2:56 am

why would anyone want to make breakcore? it's like pissing a drop in the ocean at a beach that nobody wants to go to.

you should consider making some music instead =]
([agent.)]

Pwncore Member

Postby thescythian » Thu May 22, 2008 1:20 am

You can always rewire reason to a host app!

On that note, ableton is great for chopping breaks. Alot like acid. Just highlight the snare or bass kick or whatever, copy it. Than clear out a portion of the break, and replace it with your spliced snare or kick. Size it down to triplet size, duplicate duplicate duplicate. Fill in the gap you made a few steps ago. Then pitch all those litty bitty peices parts around.

Yes, that's pretty much advice pulled directly from the shitmat video, but it's one very intuitive way to chop a break. I just haven't found the patience yet to do anything really complex with the method.

FX vsts like glitch and instajungle are not recommended. You can create some cool stuff with them in the IDM realm of things, but for your true breakcore sounds, you really need to be hands on.

If you check my "www" at the bottom of this post it will direct you to my myspace. Listen to the track entitled "Archetype". This is a clear example of what happens when you slack making breakcore.

It's real easy to get repetitive and boring.

Pwner

Postby pimperteen » Thu May 22, 2008 11:02 am

thescythian wrote:Yes, that's pretty much advice pulled directly from the shitmat video, but it's one very intuitive way to chop a break.

That is probably the stupidest way to chop a break. Is that how most people do it? hahaha

Pwncore Member

Postby thescythian » Thu May 22, 2008 11:30 am

pimperteen wrote:
thescythian wrote:Yes, that's pretty much advice pulled directly from the shitmat video, but it's one very intuitive way to chop a break.

That is probably the stupidest way to chop a break. Is that how most people do it? hahaha

I would think it's all based off the same genaral idea. I'm not talking about the part where he uses the randomize function in the beat chopping program either. Just the genaral hands on of shuffling around the various elements.

I actually experimented with a randomizing funtion, and all it does is shit up your break.

free pwny ridez!

Postby producer_snafu » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:40 pm

a pistorted 909

a drum break . . . . preferably not the amen break (distorted if you want)

some pent up aggression

a bad childhood

a bad teen hood

a bad man hood

some kind of musical background like the knowledge of playing a musical instrument to know how to conduct a melody.

and a friend who knows how to make music

combine that and you can proly make some pretty intense shit

PreviousNext

Return to Independent