Good tutorials for Breaks for FL?

Post links, share files, discuss breaks. All things breaks.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Normal moderator and owner
Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:30 pm

s2k08 wrote:
jimmusician wrote:Hey.....stupid question about breaks....i'm new to Fl slicer, as I never had a need for it.....but since I'm not wanting to wait for my FPC to load up with my custom kits, is there a simple way to arrange a "break" file so that I can have a self contained kit all in one sliceable wave file?

yeah I used tp do that all the time, get like, 10 breaks or so, pick out all your favourite parts, slicing them in the playlist, arrange it all together in a break you like, preferrably for me with lots of different sounds, export as wav and then import into FL slicer, used to save me shitloads of time, but now I don't use the slicer, just slice EVERTHING by hand in the playlist

You do everything in the playlist?

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:26 pm

yeah mayne, as far as breaks and samples anyway, piano roll and stuff for tunes oviously. but the playlist is like a massive slicer, that you can import as many samples as you want into. with pitched snares and stuff it may be easier to use the slicer sometimes, but overall it's all about the playlist (in fl7(the best FL) you can just hold shift to slice, ctrl to select, ctrl + shift to select multiple things, so you can get a lot done very quickly), and just automating stuff instead of using note properties.

I could really do with a screenshot to explain what I mean.
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 pm

s2k08 wrote:yeah mayne, as far as breaks and samples anyway, piano roll and stuff for tunes oviously. but the playlist is like a massive slicer, that you can import as many samples as you want into. with pitched snares and stuff it may be easier to use the slicer sometimes, but overall it's all about the playlist (in fl7(the best FL) you can just hold shift to slice, ctrl to select, ctrl + shift to select multiple things, so you can get a lot done very quickly), and just automating stuff instead of using note properties.

I know man i just to do it like that too, but then i started in slicer because i feel i can do more with breaks there, or maybe i didn't try hard enough. I still automate a lot in the playlist though.

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:21 pm

PEPCORE wrote:
s2k08 wrote:yeah mayne, as far as breaks and samples anyway, piano roll and stuff for tunes oviously. but the playlist is like a massive slicer, that you can import as many samples as you want into. with pitched snares and stuff it may be easier to use the slicer sometimes, but overall it's all about the playlist (in fl7(the best FL) you can just hold shift to slice, ctrl to select, ctrl + shift to select multiple things, so you can get a lot done very quickly), and just automating stuff instead of using note properties.

I know man i just to do it like that too, but then i started in slicer because i feel i can do more with breaks there, or maybe i didn't try hard enough. I still automate a lot in the playlist though.

I would love to use that setup live (again) just open FL, drag tracks and samples into the playlist while its playing, and slice loads and create automation clips for everything, live.

Needless to say that lasted about 20 minutes before it completely crashed, ha.

You ever done anything like that?

Average track rating:
4.7/5 out of 6 votes

Postby PEPCORE » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 pm

s2k08 wrote:
PEPCORE wrote:

I would love to use that setup live (again) just open FL, drag tracks and samples into the playlist while its playing, and slice loads and create automation clips for everything, live.

Lol no, that also seems like something that would crash easily. :lol:

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:03 pm

PEPCORE wrote:
s2k08 wrote:
PEPCORE wrote:

Lol no, that also seems like something that would crash easily. :lol:

I'm still gonna try it again, with a better computer, it might not crash, and I'm not bragging or anything, but I'm pretty fast on fruity loops, I can mangle breaks pretty quickly on the fly by slicing them up and rearranging them, now if I could do that without the risk of crashing, boy would I be happy... cause I don't really like the idea of automatic effect things like glitch or effektrix, well I do, but I'd like more control than thats

I'll post a screenshot of how I do later on...

Previous

Return to Breaks