v snares breaks or similar?

Post links, share files, discuss breaks. All things breaks.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Postby ClarinetCore » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:13 am

You guys end up talking about venetian snares a lot on these forums. You know he has produced plenty of great top-notch tracks without the use of an amen break, right? And, by the way, the majority of what comes out of this site are amen breaks mashed up to hell for an extended amount of time with synths behind. I think there is enough evidence to prove that breakcore does not need the amen break to be good.

So what makes Aaron Funk such an awesome producer? He's innovative as fuck. He spends time on his tracks. I think if we can pull anything from venetian snares to better our own productions it is that we need to become comfortable with trying some new things and spending time to make sure it ends up sounding good. Maybe buy some books on the theory of music and study those.

I mean, I think that a lot of breakcore producers get so caught up with which breaks to use or what sound sample to play, that we forget that what we're doing is making music. So, maybe if we just concentrate more on the idea that we're making music, (versus randomly throwing samples together because we know that is what is going to be in the song) and take our time with each bar of sound, we wont have to worry about originality anymore. It will just come through our tracks.

Hardcore Member

Postby Terminal42 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:49 am

ClarinetCore wrote:You guys end up talking about venetian snares a lot on these forums. You know he has produced plenty of great top-notch tracks without the use of an amen break, right? And, by the way, the majority of what comes out of this site are amen breaks mashed up to hell for an extended amount of time with synths behind. I think there is enough evidence to prove that breakcore does not need the amen break to be good.

So what makes Aaron Funk such an awesome producer? He's innovative as fuck. He spends time on his tracks. I think if we can pull anything from venetian snares to better our own productions it is that we need to become comfortable with trying some new things and spending time to make sure it ends up sounding good. Maybe buy some books on the theory of music and study those.

I mean, I think that a lot of breakcore producers get so caught up with which breaks to use or what sound sample to play, that we forget that what we're doing is making music. So, maybe if we just concentrate more on the idea that we're making music, (versus randomly throwing samples together because we know that is what is going to be in the song) and take our time with each bar of sound, we wont have to worry about originality anymore. It will just come through our tracks.

This is where I say "songs about my cats is an underrated album"

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 am

this whole thread is just filled to the brim with people teaching people how to be original, simply brilliant

Elite!

Postby weyheyhey !! » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Terminal42 wrote:This is where I say "songs about my cats is an underrated album"

hah, thought I was alone. that's one of my fave snares albums.

Hardcore Member

Postby Terminal42 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 pm

weyheyhey !! wrote:
Terminal42 wrote:This is where I say "songs about my cats is an underrated album"

hah, thought I was alone. that's one of my fave snares albums.

yeah, this and Huge chrome peach.

n3wb

Postby acid_sound » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:28 pm

I love the songs about his cats.

Hardcore Member

Postby » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 am

Gostek wrote:wargh! cock! cock! cock! How about giving no fuck about his style, and create your own

Now I know I'm in the right place.

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:36 pm

I DISAGGREE WITH EVERYONE
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Supah No0b

Postby jylsynder » Mon May 10, 2010 1:17 am

firebeats? :) can't beat making orange things and pink + green CDM in my opinion

also 7/8 is a piece of piss

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and...

sometimes to break the unfamiliar sound down i write any music im doing in 7/8 as a 4/4 bar followed by a 3/4 bar. Seems to make more sense that way since removing a beat from 2 4/4 bars to create a 7/8 bar leaves you with the unresolved feeling that a lot of immature ears will dislike.

also like using 7/8 at the same speed as something playing 4/4 in a polyrhythme....because technically they could be playing 4/4 since its the same speed however using a repetative sequence of 7 notes gives an almost fake polyrhythm feel :) (I like using this in chiptune I do)

Postby puke flytalker » Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 pm

weyheyhey !! wrote:
producer_snafu wrote:delete your amen samples

that never gets old

lol aggreed

wat i would say is to slice up a bunch of breaks layer them export them to their own loop then re-slice them and use them in ur compositions and dont copy Vsnares cause ur not gonna pull it off and lets face it he's a freak of nature...

Hardcore Member

Postby Ridylan G » Mon May 24, 2010 7:33 pm

s-n-s wrote:
Sir.Vixx wrote:It is called the amen break what U do with it is your choice 7/8 timing might be a good start :D

how do you make beats in 7/8 timing??

Listen to that song Gentleman and listen to the way it starts with that synth. and count how many beats untll the pattern starts from th beggining again. the synth is like doop dun da didy do da da - da da doop dun da didy do da da. You will find that the patter plays for 7 beats instead of 4. Litterally count every beat.

Hardcore Member

Postby jimmusician » Thu May 27, 2010 1:27 am

wait.....in fl studio, wouldn't the project setting have to be 7 beats with 2 steps per beat?

I know there's something weird with this theory of four bars and 7 steps per bar, cuz a single step in a four step bar is a 16th............

EDIT: sorted it all out in my head....I think that in order to make a 7/8 bar, you gotta basically put in 14 steps into a beat.

Supah No0b

Postby ROTORA » Sat May 29, 2010 11:45 am

maybe we shouldn't copy others styles... but on the other hand... I think we can make exceptions for songs like Parasite's "Look at me, I'm Kid606!"

n0Ob

Postby failure13 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 pm

I imagine next thread saying 'Please send me 13 / 19 size breaks!!111'

Use your fucking imaginary and invent something really good, stolen ideas won't work twice!

n3wb

Postby Ecchi-chan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Venetian Snares is too copied by wannabe amateurs. The only person I think is good with a screwed up time signature is Ebola.

PreviousNext

Return to Breaks