v snares breaks or similar?

Post links, share files, discuss breaks. All things breaks.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Three Poster

Postby Toshiro » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I agree we must make our own style.
But It can be interesting to understand a really good artist like V. snares.
So you want make V.snares ? Take a sample of some break'snares, listen, listen and listen, you don't understand yet ? change the time stretch, reduce the BPM, put a tempo, listen and listen and listen...
If you want to be a great painter you must copy the master, that's the way to understand the masters'technic. And when you are boring this way, when your head was going to bang. Liberate you own style with technics you discover and understanding, with accident or some controlled things...

(Sorry if my english isn't very good, I'm french dude)

Supah No0b

Postby Wallnuth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:53 pm

MarkyPoo wrote:
aerick wrote:
s-n-s wrote:
Sir.Vixx wrote:It is called the amen break what U do with it is your choice 7/8 timing might be a good start :D

how do you make beats in 7/8 timing??

1 n 2 n 3 n 4 n 5 n 6 n 7 1 n 2 n 3 ..... right?

No! That's All Wrong Damnit!

Hahahaha, damn right.

Just do your own stuff

n3wb

Postby TwoThreeZero » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:59 pm

All the stuff I made when I was teaching myself Renoise was in 4/4 and admittedly, I want to get the "Vsnares sound" so I started messing around with odd timing once I'd got a decent knowledge of the program.

The first complete track I did was originally intended to be in 3/3 (yeah, I know, not as insane as 7/8 or anything) but it ended up being a total clusterfuck of timing. The first bit is in 3/3, then there's a few extra random breaks and shit thrown in at the end of beats, fucking up the time signature, and then the song goes into basic 4/4 at the end.

I'm rambling, but basically, I'm agreeing with the folk that said just mess around and develop your own sound. There's nothing wrong with attempting to emulate Snares' sound, or anyone else's for that matter, if you're just dicking around or trying to improve your ability to make awkward beats, but there's no use releasing music that sound exactly like Snares. Venetian Snares makes Venetian Snares. Everyone else should make everything else.

CoreCore Member

Postby Zwaken » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 am

Here's a simple song that will help you understand 4/4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD9cGqdBQOs

:lol:

CoreCore Member

Postby DJ DL-44 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:43 am

Venetian Snares should stop writing music and then just play gimmick shows in a bear costume as Venetian Bears until he is an old man and then he can make a reunion album.

Supah No0b

Postby Feijoa » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:46 pm

the glitchy samples (like those on Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding)are sicker imo. and they sound similar to afx-stuff ;)

n3wb

Postby TwoThreeZero » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 pm

DJ DL-44 wrote:Venetian Snares should stop writing music and then just play gimmick shows in a bear costume as Venetian Bears until he is an old man and then he can make a reunion album.

This is actually the best thing I have ever read.

Supah No0b

Postby klaten » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:04 pm

glarps

n0Ob

Postby Spax » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:34 pm

weyheyhey !! wrote:
headroom wrote:unless you can track like a beast its hard to copy his style (in my opinion)

making the beats is the easy part.

Especially if you get your head round Renoise. Then it's a case of 01xx and 02xx commands on bass sounds and a lot of patience.

Previous

Return to Breaks