Replace break slices?

Post links, share files, discuss breaks. All things breaks.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Replace break slices?

Postby Critic » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Hey, guys

I was wondering while loading up the amen into the FL Slicer and mashing around with it about a concept I read somewhere on here: it is said that Breakcore artists often replace the slices within a break with similar sounds to give the break a different touch but to keep the same groove.

My question is whether you have to chop your breaks manually in order to achieve that effect or there is a function for it in FL. In short: is it possible to replace a slice of a break loaded into the FL Slicer directly?

Thanks in advance for your answers

1337 P0ZT3r

Re: Replace break slices?

Postby kosmonavt » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Critic wrote:Hey, guys

I was wondering while loading up the amen into the FL Slicer and mashing around with it about a concept I read somewhere on here: it is said that Breakcore artists often replace the slices within a break with similar sounds to give the break a different touch but to keep the same groove.

My question is whether you have to chop your breaks manually in order to achieve that effect or there is a function for it in FL. In short: is it possible to replace a slice of a break loaded into the FL Slicer directly?

Thanks in advance for your answers

just open another slicer with another break. in the sequencer you replace. you can also vary more

Postby Critic » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:07 pm

Ah, haven't thought about that.

Thanks for the fast reply, cheers.

Elite!

Postby ohmega sir » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:13 pm

once youve chopped the beat in flslicer you can export all the samples into a new folder like "amen slices" or something once youve done this a few times and have a folder full of different slices you can load them into a drum machine vst like FPC in flstudio on an empty preset and just drag and drop them in or use grizzly vst or something like that, takes abit of time but its worth it

teh_pwner

Postby S2K08 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 pm

do it all by hand in the playlist's what I say
just memes and donks these days
http://www.soundcloud.com/sherekahnn

Postby Critic » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:39 pm

I also found out that you can split the break into slices, then link them back to a layer and then change/stretch/tune the slices and do whatever you want with them.

Return to Breaks