Breakcore Beats in FL8

Post links, share files, discuss drums. All things drums.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

n3wb

Postby Ecchi-chan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:38 pm

FL is an absolute bitch to use. Do what I did, use SliceX, load a loop in then use each slice as a hit and make it from there. I got sick of it really quickly though, so...

Hardcore Member

Postby jimmusician » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:18 am

i really don't think people should be so quick to jump into their DAWs to write. There's no notation involved, the aspect that SHOULD matter, considering the sporadic form of composition. Midi files are a good start that you can import into your DAW, and THEN mess with it.

Supah No0b

Postby alexone » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:46 pm

MarkyPoo wrote:
GUN! wrote:What difference does it make what program you use?

A good carpenter never blames his tools for a problem...

Word.

good

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:37 pm

jimmusician wrote:i really don't think people should be so quick to jump into their DAWs to write. There's no notation involved, the aspect that SHOULD matter, considering the sporadic form of composition. Midi files are a good start that you can import into your DAW, and THEN mess with it.

Most daw's have very clear forms of notation, fruity loops does to, in the piano roll, the notes and chords are clearly visible, cubase has a notation editor, in which you can write in notation.
Also, by using sounds directly in your daw you can make sure the sound you have build fits the melody you have thought up.
If I randomly make some nice melodies on midi and build a bassline out of then it could as well sound like shit.
And writing drums with notation is bullshit.
Takes away the jam factor which drummers use, no true drummer go and write an album sit down and first start writing some notation, drummers use notation only to remember what they've played and thought up.

Three Poster

Postby kkopfsalt » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:20 pm

now

Supah No0b

Postby aslak1 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:51 pm

In my opinion, Fruity Loops is good for just anything.

Previous

Return to Drums