Sidechaining?

Post links, share files, discuss drums. All things drums.

Moderators: PEPCORE, SweetPeaPod, BreakforceOne, JohnMerrik

Sidechaining?

Postby mindkontrolultra » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:34 pm

i wanted to get some opinions from the people on this board... there are a lot of uses for sidechaining but i'm talking about the most common one

do you guys duck your bass with your kick?

i know for fast and frantic beats it might be kind of pointless and maybe better to just roll off your lows or just do it for the kick at the beginning of the bar etc..

I've heard that its common practice for neurofunk/techstep producers to do now but i thought with the faster BPM there isn't as much time for the sounds to move and it would sound like shit

opinions please

Most Valuable Poster!

Postby divtech » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:26 pm

its useful for me only on occasion, most of the time i just chop out the parts of my bass that overlay my kicks

sometimes i use sidechaining for live stuff, like mapping my samples out to a midi then having them all take precedent over one another so they wont layer, or just sidechaining the main track so that the samples will replace the sound coming in from most of the other channels

CoreCore Member

Postby Skornsteen » Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 am

I never use side chaining, I prefer automating the volume of the bass where the kicks are sequenced. I like control, and I like to do everything myself.

Return to Drums